|Use time||10 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||Rains down lunar flares|
- Internal Item ID: 3570
The Lunar Flare is a Hardmode, post-Moon Lord magic weapon that summons three projectiles down from above each use. These projectiles appear as turquoise streaks, and create a small explosion on impact. They will pass through any blocks above the cursor, making it a much more viable option for combat in caves and in the Dungeon than similar projectile-summoning magic weapons. It has a 1/9 (11.11%) chance to be dropped by the Moon Lord.
Its best Modifier is Mythical.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Unlike other similar projectile producing weapons (such as the Starfury), the Lunar Flare's projectiles will pass through blocks, up until they reach the cursor's depth.
- The Lunar Flare's projectiles will also emit light, but only while they are passing through non-solid blocks.
- This weapon competes with the Last Prism as the most powerful magic weapon; both have pros and cons, but it's up to the player to decide which they like best.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Due to its high fire rate, ability to pass through blocks, and high base damage, the Lunar Flare is an exceptionally formidable magic weapon.
- Since the Lunar Flare emits a high amount of light and travels through blocks, it is great for exploring or uncovering undiscovered parts of land.
- When paired with Nebula armor and the right accessories, Lunar Flare can kill The Destroyer in Expert mode in under a second.
- Due to its high mana cost, some players may prefer the Bubble Gun for its more mana-efficient damage.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Lunar Flare can be considered a direct upgrade of the Blizzard Staff due to its similar mechanics, higher damage, and its ability to pass through any blocks above the cursor.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()