Lunar Portal Staff
|Knockback||7.5 (Very Strong)|
|Use time||29 Average|
|Tooltip||Summons a lunar portal to shoot lasers at your enemies|
- Internal Item ID: 3569
The Lunar Portal Staff is a Hardmode, post-Moon Lord summon weapon that summons a floating "portal". The player cannot interact with it; it instead fires a continuous beam at enemies within its 60-tile range. The Lunar Portal Staff is a sentry-style minion, similar to the Frost Hydra, only lasting two minutes, remaining stationary, and not counting against the player's minion capacity. The Lunar Portal Staff has a 1/9 chance (11.11%) of being dropped by the Moon Lord boss.
Its best modifier is Ruthless. The Mythical modifier provides the widest array of stats bonuses, but these primarily affect the initial summon rather than the resulting minion. Additionally, minions cannot deal critical hits. The only significant advantage a Mythical Lunar Portal Staff has over a Ruthless one is knockback.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Lunar Portal cannot target or attack enemies through blocks.
- The portal gives off light and has no restrictions where it can be placed, allowing the player to find caves easily.
- By default, only one Sentry can be placed at a time, and attempting to place another will remove the previous sentry unless the player is wearing an accessory or a piece of armor that increases Sentry Minion capacity.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The portal fires a beam that will sweep across enemies in a wide arc, so make sure to position so that it can sweep the beam across a good section of the ground to hit the maximum number of enemies. This allows it to do high DPS to monsters and bosses made up of segments like The Destroyer. Generally, this means making sure to place it fairly high over head although of course it varies based on terrain.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The portal is very similar in appearance to the projectiles launched by the Nebula Arcanum and the swirling portals that form in the Vortex Lunar Events zone. The laser being fired is similar to the Phantasmal Deathray fired from the Moon Lord and its True Eyes of Cthulhu.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.4: Now considered a Sentry minion.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()