|Use time||8 Insanely Fast|
|Tooltip||A magical returning dagger|
- Magic Dagger
The Magic Dagger is a Hardmode magic weapon that operates exactly as the Throwing Knife, but uses mana instead of consuming stacks of the item. It also causes more than triple the damage. A single Magic Dagger can be thrown limitlessly whenever mana is available, and is never consumed. The Magic Dagger has a 14.29% (1 in 7) chance of being dropped by Mimics.
Magic Daggers will fly in a direct line in the direction where you click for the first 16 tiles of distance, then suddenly start being affected by gravity and losing forward momentum (unless being thrown downwards). They also produce a small amount of light on impact.
Its best modifier is Mythical.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Despite the tooltip implying that it is a single dagger that would "magically return" before being thrown again, multiple Magic Daggers can be thrown in succession without waiting for them to impact.
- Its fire rate is effectively the speed at which the player is capable of clicking.
- Water significantly slows the projectiles, and causes them to fall off after a much shorter distance.
- The Magic Dagger can pierce, making it a very viable weapon against The Destroyer and Wyverns.
- Because the Magic Dagger falls after being thrown directly up, it can hit twice. This can mean one dagger can do 80 damage to an enemy above you.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Because the projectiles are small and have an unusual trajectory, it may take some time to learn how to aim them effectively.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Sell value decreased from
200000*20 to 50000*5 .
- Desktop 1.2:
- Increased Damage from 28 to 40.
- Decreased Use time from 14 (Very Fast) to 8 (Insanely Fast).
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.