|Use time||20 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||Summons a magic lantern that exposes nearby treasure|
|Buff tooltip||An enchanted lantern is lighting your way|
- Magic Lantern
The Magic Lantern is a Light Pet item that summons a small glowing lantern which hovers above the player, emitting dim light. The lantern will also expose all treasure within up to 15 tiles from the lantern's location, overlaying sparkles over nearby treasure. It is purchased from the Skeleton Merchant for
100000*10 , during the night of a full moon.
The lantern will always try to maintain a position just forward of and above the player, passing through blocks as needed. If the player gets far enough away, the lantern will propel itself with a rocket exhaust in order to catch up. The lantern's position can block objects of interest at ceiling height, but if the player just turns around, the lantern will move to their other side.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- On the Switch version, the Magic Lantern does not work properly. When equipped, the player will get the Magic Lantern buff, but the lantern will not appear. This can be temporarily fixed by placing the Magic Lantern item in the hotbar and using it manually (after which it can be equipped without the light pet disappearing), which will spawn the pet until the game is exited.
See also[edit | edit source]
- Spelunker Glowstick and Suspicious Looking Eye pet, entities with very similar treasure-revealing mechanics.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 184.108.40.206: Introduced.