- Internal Item ID: 3199
- Internal Item ID: 50
The Magic Mirror is a unique item that returns a player to their spawn point. When used, a short animation plays before instantly teleporting the user to their set spawn point; if the player has previously used a bed they will appear in front of it, but if no valid bed is found the user will instead return to the world's spawn point. This teleportation occurs at no cost, and can be repeated indefinitely without consuming the mirror.
An Ice Mirror is a variation on the Magic Mirror. Aside from appearance, it is identical to an ordinary Magic Mirror in every capacity, including acting as a valid component for a Cell Phone.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- While nearly identical in function to a Recall Potion, the Magic Mirror has a noticeable startup delay.
- Fall height will be reset when the Magic Mirror is used, allowing it to be used as a means to avoid lethal falls.
- On the Old-gen console version, opening a storage item such as a Chest or a Piggy Bank while the Magic Mirror animation plays will crash the game upon arrival.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Due to their reflective properties, mirrors play a powerful role in cultural literature and are often depicted as magical in nature. In video games, it is common for them to be used as a magical means of transportation between distant locations, into secret spaces or even into other dimensions.
- The mirror has one of the longest base use times in the game, and is one of the few that have it listed as "Snail speed".
- On earlier versions of Old-gen console, it was possible to use the Magic Mirror to gain permanent invincibility by using it before invincibility ran out. This has since been patched out.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Fixed Collector's Edition Carrot overriding the Magic Mirror on a Journey mode character.
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated. Old sprite was .
- Desktop 188.8.131.52:
- Introduced Ice Mirror.
- Now used to craft the Cell Phone.
- Desktop 1.2: Mana points cost removed.
- Desktop 1.0.5: 20 mana points cost added.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.