|Knockback||0 (No Knockback)|
|Use time||12 Very Fast|
- Internal Item ID: 494
The Magical Harp is a Hardmode magic weapon that auto-fires ricocheting, piercing projectiles that graphically resemble musical notes. Each projectile lasts for about four seconds before dissipating, and will both ricochet and pierce enemies an unlimited number of times until this time limit is reached. Notes produce a reasonable amount of light, and are not affected by gravity.
The speed of each note can be controlled by clicking closer or further from the character: Closer clicks fire slower-moving notes, and further clicks fire faster notes. The speed at which each note travels does not affect their lifespan; all last about four seconds.
The sound played upon firing resembles a plucked string, with its pitch correlating to the firing speed: Slower firings playing lower-pitched sounds, and faster firings playing higher-pitched sounds.
The Magical Harp deals no knockback.
Its best Modifiers are Mystic or Demonic.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Low, slow notes can hit large enemies multiple times, while fast, high notes are more likely to hit moving targets.
- Even at top firing speed, notes are still relatively slow for projectiles.
- Water further slows the notes' speed.
- Notes from the Magical Harp receive the Frost Armor's set bonus.
- The size of the game window appears to change how far the mouse/click needs to be for certain projectile speeds; Smaller screens don't have to move the cursor as far to shoot a faster/higher-pitched note.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The harp's infinite piercing projectiles are exceptionally great for killing worm-type enemies and would especially help a player who's fighting The Destroyer, though The Twins must be beaten first.
- The harp, having a relatively slow projectile speed and bouncing, is incredibly useful for fighting bosses in small spaces, especially Plantera and Golem.
- The harp is useful fighting enemies in a group.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Harp's sprite is always shown while equipped, unlike most weapons that only show while firing.
- The Harp can be considered a direct upgrade from the Water Bolt; its projectiles have more damage and can bounce and pierce more. However the projectiles will only last 4 seconds and don't have any knockback, removing the Water Bolt's useful ability of keeping enemies away.
- Despite playing musical tones when fired, lowering the "Music" option from the audio will not make the Magical Harp go quiet.
- The Harp's notes fired appear to be quarter notes, eighth notes, and paired eighth notes, though these notes don't have different stats.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11:
- Desktop 1.2.3: Damage increased from 30 to 32.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Notes from the Magical Harp now count as magic and should trigger the Spectre Armor set bonus.
- Desktop 1.2: No longer requires Gold Bars to craft.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.