Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
|Knockback||0 (No knockback)|
|Use time||12 (Very fast)|
- Quarter Note
- Eighth Note
- Tied Eighth Note
The Magical Harp is a Hardmode magic weapon that autofires ricocheting, piercing projectiles that graphically resemble musical notes. Each projectile lasts for about four seconds before dissipating and will both ricochet and pierce enemies an unlimited number of times until this time limit is reached. Notes produce a reasonable amount of light and are not affected by gravity.
The speed of each note can be controlled by clicking closer or further from the character: Closer clicks fire slower-moving notes, and further clicks fire faster notes. The speed at which each note travels does not affect their lifespan; all last about four seconds.
The sound played upon firing resembles a plucked string, with its pitch correlating to the firing speed: Slower firings playing lower-pitched sounds, and faster firings playing higher-pitched sounds.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Even at top firing speed, notes are still relatively slow in comparison with other projectiles.
- Notes from the Magical Harp receive the Frost armor's set bonus.
- The size of the game window appears to change how far the mouse/click needs to be for certain projectile speeds. Smaller screens do not have to move the cursor as far to shoot a faster/higher-pitched note.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Low, slow notes can hit large enemies multiple times, while fast, high notes are more likely to hit moving targets.
- The harp's infinite piercing projectiles are exceptionally effective for killing worm-type enemies, especially The Destroyer.
- Due to the slow speed and bouncing capabilities of the projectiles, the harp is useful for fights in small spaces, e.g. against the Golem.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The harp's sprite is always shown while held, unlike most weapons that only show while firing.
- The harp can be considered a direct upgrade from the Water Bolt; its projectiles have more damage and can bounce and pierce more. However the projectiles will only last 4 seconds and do not have any knockback, removing the Water Bolt's useful ability of keeping enemies away.
- Despite playing musical tones when fired, lowering the "Music" option from the audio will not make the Magical Harp go quiet.
- The harp's notes fired appear to be quarter notes, eighth notes, and paired eighth notes, though these notes only differ visually and do not have different stats. These notes are also backward when fired, only being turned around to the correct facing after bouncing off a surface.
- Water slows down the notes' speed even though in the real world, sound travels faster in water.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168:
- Desktop 1.2.3: Damage increased from 30 to 32.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Notes from the Magical Harp now count as magic and should trigger the Spectre armor set bonus.
- Desktop 1.2: No longer requires Gold Bars to craft.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.