|Debuff tooltip||Slowly losing life|
The Magma Stone is an accessory that drops from Lava Bats (2% chance) and Hellbats (0.67% chance) in The Underworld. It causes the wearer's melee attacks to inflict the On Fire! debuff on enemies, and also gives a red flame particle effect that lights up whenever a weapon is swung. The duration of the On Fire! debuff depends on the following chances:
- Despite the tooltip not specifically saying so, the fire effect only works on melee weapons, including tools that inflict melee damage such as Pickaxes, Axes and Hammers.
- Lava Bats have a 3x higher chance of dropping this item, so farming it in Hardmode is easier than in Pre-Hardmode.
- Placing any block or using a Magic Mirror with a Magma Stone equipped will cause the player to emit flame particles, but the player won't be set on fire.
- Despite being throwing damage, the damage dealt by the Bone Javelin while stuck in an enemy applies the fire effect.
- The Javelin is also improved by this accessory.
- When combined with Frost armor, any Flask and the Shadowflame Knife the player can inflict up to 4 debuffs on hit.
- This accessory is very useful against bosses who summon minions to fight for them.
- Using the Magma Stone with any yoyo is useful for quickly mapping out underground caverns.
- Desktop 1.2.1: Magma Stone will no longer show a fire effect for non melee weapons.