The Magma Stone is an accessory that drops from Lava Bats (2% chance) and Hellbats (0.67% chance) in The Underworld. It causes the wearer's melee attacks to inflict the On Fire! debuff on enemies, and also produces orange flame particles that light up the area whenever a melee weapon is swung. The duration of the On Fire! debuff is random, and varies according to the following table:
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Though the tooltip does not specifically say so, the fire effect works not only on melee weapons, but also tools that inflict melee damage such as pickaxes, axes and hammers.
- Whips are not affected by the Magma Stone, despite being affected by many melee-related stats, and even the other bonuses of the Fire Gauntlet.
- Javelins and Bone Javelins will apply the fire effect, even though they deal throwing damage.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Lava Bats are three times more likely to drop this item than are Hellbats, so farming it in Hardmode is more efficient than in pre-Hardmode.
- The Magma Stone's effects stack with those of Frost armor, flasks, and the Shadowflame Knife.
- Using the Magma Stone with any yoyo is useful for quickly mapping out underground caverns.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2.1: Magma Stone will no longer show a fire effect for non melee weapons.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.