We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Magma Stone

From Terraria Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Magma Stone
Stack digit 1.png
Magma Stone inventory icon
Type Accessory
Tooltip Inflicts fire damage on attack
Inflicts debuff On Fire!.png On Fire!
Rarity Rarity Level: 3
Sell 2 Gold Coin
Internal Item ID: 1322

The Magma Stone is an accessory that drops from Lava Bats (2% chance) and Hellbats (0.67% chance) found in The Underworld. It causes your melee attacks to inflict the On Fire! debuff on enemies, and also gives a red flame particle effect that lights up whenever you swing a weapon. Each melee attack has a 14% chance to cause 3 seconds of burning, 29% chance to cause 2 seconds, and 57% chance to cause 1 second.

Crafting[edit | edit source]

Used in[edit | edit source]

Result IngredientsCrafting Station
Fire Gauntlet.png Magma Stone.pngMagma Stone Tinkerer's Workshop.png Tinkerer's Workshop
Mechanical Glove.pngMechanical Glove

Notes[edit | edit source]

  • Despite the tooltip not specifically saying so, the fire effect only works on melee weapons, including tools that inflict melee damage such as Pickaxes, Axes and Hammers.
  • Lava Bats have a 3x higher chance of dropping this item, so farming it in Hardmode is easier than in Pre-Hardmode.
  • Placing any block or using a Magic Mirror with a Magma Stone equipped will cause the player to emit flame particles, but the player won't be set on fire.
  • Despite being throwing damage the damage dealt by the Bone Javelin while stuck in an enemy applies the fire effect.
  • The Javelin is also improved by this accessory.

Tips[edit | edit source]

  • The Magma Stone is very deadly when combined with Frost Armor, Flask of Cursed Flames and any energy beam sword like True Excalibur due to being able to inflict the Frostburn, On Fire!, and Cursed Inferno debuffs, increasing the damage over time.
  • This accessory is very useful against bosses who summon minions to fight for them.
  • Using the Magma Stone with any yo-yo is useful for quickly mapping out underground caverns.

History[edit | edit source]

Equipable Items: Adamantite Breastplate.png Armor • Anklet of the Wind.png Accessories ( Cobalt Shield.png Combat) • Pharaoh's Robe.png Vanity ( Diamond Ring.png Accessories • Purple Dye.png Dyes)