The Magma Stone is an accessory that drops from Lava Bats (2% chance) and Hellbats (0.67% chance) in The Underworld. It causes the wearer's melee attacks to inflict the On Fire! debuff on enemies, and also produces orange flame particles that light up the area whenever a melee weapon is swung. The duration of the On Fire! debuff is random, and varies according to the following table:
|6 seconds||1/4 (25%)|
|4 seconds||3/8 (37.5%)|
|2 seconds||3/8 (37.5%)|
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Though the tooltip does not specifically say so, the fire effect works not only on melee weapons, but also tools that inflict melee damage such as pickaxes, axes and hammers.
- Whips are not affected by the Magma Stone, despite being affected by many melee-related stats, and even the other bonuses of the Fire Gauntlet.
- Javelins and Bone Javelins will apply the fire effect, even though they deal throwing damage. In 18.104.22.168, throwing damage was removed, and all throwing weapons now count as ranged, so they are affected by the Molten Quiver instead.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Lava Bats are three times more likely to drop this item than are Hellbats, so farming it in Hardmode is more efficient than in pre-Hardmode.
- The Magma Stone's effects stack with those of Frost armor, flasks, and the Shadowflame Knife.
- Using the Magma Stone with any yoyo is useful for quickly mapping out underground caverns.
- The Magma Stone has both a melee accessory crafting ingredient as well as a ranged counterpart.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2.1: Magma Stone will no longer show a fire effect for non melee weapons.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.