|Use time||20 Very Fast|
- Magnet Sphere Ball
- Magnet Sphere Bolt
The Magnet Sphere is a Hardmode, post-Plantera magic weapon that casts a glowing sphere where the player aims. It has a 0.33% 0.5% (1/303 / 1/200) chance to be obtained from the Blue Armored Bones, Rusty Armored Bones and Hell Armored Bones in the post-Plantera Dungeon.
When cast, it fires a slow cyan sphere that travels in a straight line and zaps nearby enemies, unimpeded by liquid or other non-solid obstacles in its path. The sphere will rapidly shoot beams at the closest enemy as it travels through the air. It will disappear if the central orb hits a solid object, has gone 52 blocks, or if it has been in the air for 7 seconds. If the player casts another sphere while there is already one in the air, the previous one will fade away.
Its best modifier is Mythical. Because it does not benefit from increased speed and has a negligible mana cost, Godly and Demonic can also be considered the best modifiers for a Magnet Sphere.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The sphere fires projectiles at a rate equal to a use time of 9.
- The sphere moves further when it has a modifier reducing speed.
- Like homing weapons, the Magnet Sphere's orb will not fire on other players in PvP, though the orb itself will deal damage on contact.
- The book that the player holds out while casting can damage certain entities, including several not normally targeted by a regular weapon.
- The Magnet Sphere's orb will not fire on disguised mimics.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Reduced velocity.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Does not mistakenly inflict the Venom debuff anymore.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.