Ducks can usually only spawn in the middle third of the above-ground world, or in areas near an NPC house if water is present. They only appear in pools of water, despite their size or if they are naturally generated. They quite frequently make a "quack" sound when nearby.
Mallard Ducks, as their counterpart, can be caught using a Bug Net. They can be carried around in the inventory until placed (released), deleted, or crafted into a Mallard Duck Cage. Caged ducks can be used as furniture and cannot be released once crafted. They also move around inside the cage.
The Mallard Duck Cage occupies a 6x3 space. The Mallard Duck inside may follow the following patterns randomly:
- Run from one side to the other of the cage
- Briefly clean itself with its beak while on the right side
- Sit down and stay in place
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Very rarely, when ducks quack, the sound will be a very obvious human voice saying the word "quack." This was included purposefully as an "easter egg". This was pulled from a royalty-free site, because the Re-logic team found it amusing.
- They are related to the normal Duck in a very similar way Bunnies relate to Squirrels, as they both spawn in the center third of the map or near NPC houses, they both have an alternate version, and being critters, they all share stats.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Can now be used to craft Duck Statues.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Introduced.
- Console 1.06: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Introduced.