When the player takes damage, the Mana Cloak will spawn three stars that damage enemies. When one of these stars strikes an obstacle, it will transform into a special glowing mana star that travels towards the player, restoring 50 mana upon collection. Note that only one mana-restoring star can spawn per second, no matter how many times the Mana Cloak is triggered.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- A mana star will only spawn when one of the falling stars strikes solid terrain. Mana stars will not impact with platforms.
- Mana stars will only travel towards the player while the player is within about 20 blocks of them. Outside this range, mana stars will hover in midair, and disappear after spending about five seconds total in this inert state.
- Due to the above properties, mana stars are difficult to collect when the player is far away from solid terrain. This makes the effect less useful for mostly airborne battles, such as when using Wings, a flying Mount, or a Minecart Track to fight a boss. In these scenarios, players may prefer the similar effect of Magic Cuffs or Celestial Cuffs.
- The reduced mana usage does stack with similar accessories like the Magnet Flower or Mana Flower.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- If a mana star is added to the inventory through the use of an inventory editor, its sprite appears pure white and hovering over it will show nothing.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Now only creates stars when taking damage from enemies.
- Desktop 1.4.1:
- Stars now deal 75 damage and can ignore up to 25 enemy defense
- This damage is multiplied by 2x in Expert mode, and 3x in Master mode (the defense penetration remains unchanged)
- Now uses local immune frames, will not interfere with other piercing projectiles.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Introduced.
- Mobile 188.8.131.52.0: Introduced with changes from Desktop 184.108.40.206.