Star

From Terraria Wiki
(Redirected from Mana Star)
Jump to: navigation, search
Star
  • Star item sprite
Stack digit 1.png
Statistics
TypeMiscellaneous
Heals Mana100
RarityRarity level: 0
Soul Cake
  • Soul Cake item sprite
Stack digit 1.png
Statistics
TypeMiscellaneous
Heals Mana100
RarityRarity level: 0
Sugar Plum
  • Sugar Plum item sprite
Stack digit 1.png
Statistics
TypeMiscellaneous
Heals Mana100
RarityRarity level: 0
For the yellow stars that fall at night, see Fallen Star.

Stars (or Soul Cakes during Halloween and Sugar Plums during Christmas) are common power-ups which can be dropped by any enemy with a chance of 50%, as long as the player is below maximum mana. They are not inventory items, but are instead instantly consumed and restore 100 mana. Enemies will only drop Stars if the closest player is not at maximum mana.

It is also possible to spawn Stars (and their seasonal counterparts) with a Star Statue.

They can be collected within range of 2 blocks, which can be increased with Celestial Magnet and its upgrades.

Notes[edit | edit source]

  • There is an independent 1/12 (8.33%) chance of receiving an additional Star, meaning that there is a 12/24 (50%) chance of receiving one Star, a 1/24 (4.17%) chance of receiving two Stars, and a 11/24 (45.83%) chance of receiving no Stars.[1]

Trivia[edit | edit source]

  • Soul Cakes are likely a reference to the real-life soul cakes, small round cakes which are traditionally made for All Hallows' Eve, All Saints' Day and All Souls' Day to commemorate the dead in the Christian tradition. They are often simply referred to as souls, and were given out to children and the poor (known as soulers), who would go from door to door during the days of Allhallowtide singing and saying prayers "for the souls of the givers and their friends". Each cake eaten would represent a soul being freed from purgatory. The custom was popular in England and Wales and has counterparts in other parts of the world that are practiced to this day. It is often seen as the origin for modern trick-or-treating.
  • Although Stars are instantly consumed on pickup, it is possible to hack in Stars into the player's inventory through the use of editors. The hacked-in Stars still act like normal Stars, and will still be consumed on pickup, after dropping them in front of the player.

See also[edit | edit source]

History[edit | edit source]

  • Desktop 1.2.3:
    • Fixed bug where monsters that don't really die (Slimer, Mother Slime, Corrupt Slime) drop hearts and mana stars on shapeshifting (dying).
    • Fixed a bug with mana stars not dropping in multiplayer.
  • 3DS-Release: Introduced with Soul Cakes and Sugar Plums, stars give 100 mana instead of 20.

References[edit | edit source]

  1. Information taken from the Desktop version Desktop 1.3.5.3 source code, function NPCLoot() in Terraria.NPC.cs.