|AI Type||Rider AI|
|Damage||50 / 100 (melee)|
140 / 200 (deathray)
300 / 450 (deathray berserk)
60 / 100 (flames)
|Max Life||27,000 / 54,000 (all parts)|
|Immune to||All debuffs|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
- Internal NPC ID: 392
The Martian Saucer is a large flying Hardmode, post-Golem mini-boss that spawns in the Martian Madness event. The Martian Saucer can move through blocks. It has four turrets with independent health meters that must each be destroyed before damaging the saucer itself becomes possible. The turrets include two rocket launchers and two laser machine guns. In addition, the saucer itself fires a large beam ("death ray") that can only fire directly downward, and which cannot be destroyed independently. The player can damage the core only if all four turrets have been destroyed. It can be considered a tougher Flying Dutchman.
After all four turrets have been destroyed, the boss shoots a deathray dealing the second highest damage in the game, only beaten by the Dungeon Guardian.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
The Martian Saucer has three attack phases it cycles through in order. It always moves a short distance between them.
- The Saucer locks onto your current location and shoots a volley of lasers at that location. This attack does not follow you if you move around.
- The Saucer fires multiple small homing missiles from its cannons.
- The Saucer positions itself above the player before unleashing its "death ray," traveling in the direction you were in.
After the turrets and cannons are destroyed, the saucer stops and shakes for a moment as its core becomes exposed. The core may be damaged during and after the transformation. In this stage, the Saucer will fire only its death ray, always moving towards the player. The death ray deals massive damage, even to those with Solar Flare armor. It also fires yellow flames that linger on the ground for a while that deal damage if touched, like the Greek Fire projectiles from the Mourning Wood.
Parts[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If the Saucer is transitioning into enraged mode during its deathray attack, the deathray will stay in one place until the transition is complete.
- Killing one adds 5 percent completion to the event.
- Unlike the Goblin Summoner and the Flying Dutchman, it seems to qualify as a boss. The chat message "Martian Saucer has been defeated" unusually appears upon its defeat and it increases player respawn time to thirty seconds in Expert mode.
- Unlike other event bosses, the Saucer leaves if the players are killed.
- The Radar counts the Saucer as 6 enemies total: one for each turret, one for each cannon, one for the hitbox part of the saucer, and one for the large invulnerable piece.
- Weapons from the Martian Saucer will never drop with modifiers.
- There is a bug where the Martian Saucer will sometimes disappear if it is selected by the minion targeting reticle while it transitions into its enraged mode.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- To dodge its first attack, hover above or below its lasers. To dodge its second attack, run away from the Saucer as it shoots so that most of the missiles hit the ground in front of the player. To avoid its third attack, as well as its final enraged stage, simply stand under blocks.
- It is easy to dodge the Saucer during its berserk stage by moving away from the Saucer wherever it is while flying. This means that the "death ray" can't catch up to the player and that the player won't touch the yellow flames it produces.
- If the "Wet" buff from Cute Fishron is activated, the player can fly slightly faster than the Saucer.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()