|AI Type||Fighter AI|
70140210 (Laser Ray)
|Banner||Martian Walker Banner|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
- Martian Conduit Plating (8–20)12.5%
- Internal NPC ID: 520
The Martian Walker is a Hardmode, post-Golem enemy that spawns during the Martian Madness event. It appears as a large tripod enemy that moves at a very fast pace, and has the ability to fire blue lasers at the player, with a maximum fire rate of once every 0.12 seconds (7 ticks) or 8.5 shots per second. These traits combined with its amount of health and its resistance against knockback can make this enemy somewhat difficult to defeat.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- This enemy and its laser attacks cannot move through solid blocks, so most base designs that have a tall-enough wall can easily stop it, as its height can be a liability for itself.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Martian Walker is based on the tripodal Martian "fighting machines" from H. G. Wells's 1898 science fiction novel The War of the Worlds. While they are not armed with the Heat Rays used by Tripods in the book, the weapon is available to the player.
- The Martian Walker appears to be controlled by some sort of brain on the top.
- It has the highest health of any non-boss enemy in the Martian Madness event.
- The Bestiary entry for the Martian Walker: "A wonder of Martian technology constructed from the strongest metals and infused with biological components."
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 22.214.171.124: Introduced.
References[edit | edit source]
- A tick is a time unit countable by the software. Most of Terraria's updating logic happens every tick. A tick has the length of 1/60th of a second, hence there are 60 ticks in a second and 3600 ticks in a minute.
- Information taken from the Desktop 126.96.36.199 source code, method