Fortune and glory, kid.Expert Mode-Only Content: This information applies only to Expert mode and Expert mode worlds.
The Mechanical Cart is a Hardmode, Expert mode-exclusive minecart variant. It is crafted from the three Mechanical Cart pieces contained in Treasure Bags dropped by the Mechanical Bosses. While obtaining its crafting ingredients requires an Expert mode world, it can be used in any world.
The Mechanical Cart travels significantly faster than most other methods of transportation, reaching a top speed of 102 mph (75 tiles per second) after about 4 seconds (105 during a jump, 115 when falling).
- It automatically fires lasers at enemies directly in its path while in motion for 60 damage.
- It provides a defense boost that gradually increases depending on its current speed: +2 at a standstill, up to +7 at top speed.
The Mechanical Cart is the highest tier minecart, and has twice the maximum speed of the basic wooden minecart, which has a top speed of only 51 mph, and about 1.5 times the maximum speed of the regular minecart, at 66 mph.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Achievement[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Mechanical Cart is the only rainbow rarity item that does not come directly from a Treasure Bag.
- This is one of a few mounts that attack, and the only minecart that shoots projectiles.
- The mechanical minecart has a similar top speed to that of a regular Minecart on Booster Tracks.
- Team Dye has a very unusual impact on the cart. Unlike most other dyes, the Team Dye affects only the color of the lights on the cart, whereas other dyes affect the entire cart as a whole.
- It is the only expert mode-exclusive item that must be crafted.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()