- Internal Item ID: 544
The Mechanical Eye is used to summon The Twins, the advanced and Hardmode version of the Eye of Cthulhu. It can only be used at night, which means consuming this item during day will not spawn The Twins. Using another Mechanical Eye while the The Twins are active will not cause any additional effects, and will not be consumed. If you have not defeated The Twins yet and are already in Hardmode, all enemies (with the exception of statue-spawned enemies) have a 1/2500 (0.04%) chance of dropping this item.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Achievement[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Like other mechanical boss summoning items, the Mechanical Eye can be brought to Pre-Hardmode worlds and will successfully summon The Twins there.
- As with several items, the Mechanical Eye has multiple crafting recipes (two in total) due to some items in the recipe allowing substitutes.
- On the Mobile Version, the Mechanical Eye has its old texture.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Mechanical Eye is the only mechanical item with no visible winder.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated. Old sprite was .
- Desktop 1.2.1: Drop chance now reduced from 1 in 1000 to 1 in 2500.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.