|Expert Mode-Only Content: This information applies only to Expert Mode and Expert Mode worlds.|
The Mechanical Cart is a Hardmode and Expert Mode-exclusive item that allows riding on Minecart Tracks. It is crafted from the three Mechanical Cart pieces contained in Treasure Bags dropped by the mechanical bosses.
It is the highest-tier minecart variant. Like the other variants, it can be equipped in the minecart equipment slot and can also be dyed. The Mechanical Cart travels significantly faster than most other methods of transportation, reaching a top speed of 102 mph (75 tiles per second) after about 4 seconds (105 during a jump, 115 when falling).
- It automatically fires lasers at enemies directly in its path while in motion for 60 damage.
- It provides a defense boost that gradually increases depending on its current speed: +2 at a standstill, up to +7 at top speed.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- While obtaining the crafting ingredients of the Mechanical Cart requires an Expert world, it can be used in any world.
Achievement[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This is one of the few mounts that attacks, and the only minecart that shoots projectiles.
- The Mechanical Cart has a similar top speed to that of a regular Minecart on Booster Tracks.
- Team Dye has a very unusual impact on the cart. Unlike most other dyes, the Team Dye affects only the color of the lights on the cart, whereas other dyes affect the entire cart as a whole.
- It is the only Expert-exclusive item that must be crafted.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 188.8.131.52: Introduced.