|Type||Accessory – Tool|
|Tooltip||Creates measurement lines on screen for block placement|
|Buy / Sell||1 / 20|
- Internal Item ID: 2799
The Mechanical Ruler is an accessory purchased from the Mechanic for 1 . While equipped, it draws a semi-transparent grid overlay on the screen, making individual block distances much clearer. This grid fades out when the player begins moving and returns once movement stops. The row and column of the block the mouse is hovering over are also highlighted in red, drawing a cross on the screen with the cursor at its center.
This accessory can be equipped at the same time as the Ruler accessory for an even more complete block distance measuring overlay.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Though it has very little utility in combat, the Mechanical Ruler can still receive a modifier and affect the player's stats.
- Having the Mechanical Ruler equipped in a social accessory slot disables the item. Having it equipped in an active accessory slot enables the item's functionality even when the slot is set to be invisible.
- The Mechanical Ruler is one of only a few accessory items that is fully functional when kept in a player's inventory.
- The grid can then be toggled off and on in the upper left portion of the screen, similarly to the Ruler, the Paint Sprayer and the Architect Gizmo Pack's paint sprayer part, as well as The Grand Design's wire/actuator visibility and its included ruler.
- The game's "Tile Grid" setting creates a less obtrusive five block wide grid around the cursor, which can be useful if one finds that the Mechanical Ruler's overlay is too distracting.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()