- Internal Item ID: 557
The Mechanical Skull is used to summon Skeletron Prime, the hardmode version of Skeletron. It can only be used during night time. Using another Mechanical Skull while Skeletron Prime is alive will not consume the skull, and a second Skeletron Prime will not be summoned. It can also be used in a world without hardmode activated. If you have not defeated Skeletron Prime yet and are already in hardmode, all enemies (with the exception of statue-spawned enemies and meteor heads) have a 1 in 2500 chance of dropping this item.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Mechanical Skull's texture is based on the Skull Lantern furniture item.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Mechanical Skull bears a slight resemblance to Skeletron's pre-1.0.4 sprite.
- Like the Mechanical Worm, it looks like a wind-up toy.
See also[edit | edit source]
- Mechanical Worm and Mechanical Eye, the other mechanical boss-summoners.
- Suspicious Looking Skull, Ocram's summon item of similar appearance to the Mechanical Skull.
Achievement[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated. Old sprite was:
- Desktop 1.2.1: Drop chance reduced from 1 in 1000 (0.1%) to 1 in 2500 (0.04%).
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Sprite updated to match Desktop 1.3.1. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Sprite updated to match Desktop 1.3.1. ()
- Console 1.02: Now a Hardmode drop with the droprate of Desktop 1.2.1. Recipe changed to match Desktop 1.2.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Now a Hardmode drop with the droprate of Desktop 1.2.1. Recipe changed to match Desktop 1.2.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.