|Use time||44 (Very Slow)|
|Tooltip||Summons Skeletron Prime|
|Internal Item ID: 557|
The Mechanical Skull is used to summon Skeletron Prime, the hardmode version of Skeletron. It can only be used during night time. Using another Mechanical Skull while Skeletron Prime is alive will not consume the skull, and a second Skeletron Prime will not be summoned. It can also be used in a world without hardmode activated.
If you have not defeated Skeletron Prime yet and are already in hardmode, all enemies (minus statue-spawned enemies and meteor heads) have a 1 in 2500 chance of dropping this item.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Old-gen console, Mobile, and 3DS versions[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Mechanical Skull's texture is based off of the Skull Lantern furniture item.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Mechanical Skull bears a slight resemblance to Skeletron's pre-1.0.4 sprite.
- Like the Mechanical Worm, it looks like a wind-up toy.
See Also[edit | edit source]
- Mechanical Worm and Mechanical Eye, the other mechanical boss-summoners.
- Suspicious Looking Skull, Ocram's summon item of similar appearance to the Mechanical Skull.
Achievement[edit | edit source]
|Like a Boss • "Obtain a boss-summoning item."|
|Obtain any boss-summoning item.|
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2.1: Drop chance reduced from 1 in 1000 (0.1%) to 1 in 2500 (0.04%).
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
| Iron and Lead |
|Iron: Ore • Bar • Fence • Anvil • Door • Pickaxe • Axe • Hammer Shortsword • Broadsword • Bow • Armor ( Ancient Helmet)Lead: Ore • Bar • Fence • Anvil • Door • Pickaxe • Axe • Hammer Shortsword • Broadsword • Bow • Armor Chain • Crate • Minecart Track • Pump • Sawmill Heavy Work Bench • Cooking Pot ( Cauldron) • Chest • Barrel Trash Can • Toilet • Bathtub • Grandfather Clock Lamp Post • Rack • Bucket • Reinforced Fishing Pole Flamethrower • Ironskin Potion • Reflective Dye Mechanical Eye • Mechanical Worm • Mechanical Skull|