- Internal Item ID: 557
The Mechanical Skull is used to summon Skeletron Prime, the hardmode version of Skeletron. It can only be used at night, which means consuming this item during day will not spawn Skeleton Prime. It is also unusable when the boss is already present. It can be used in any world, but usually only becomes accessible in a Hardmode World. If Skeletron Prime has not been defeated yet in a hardmode world, all enemies (with the exception of statue-spawned enemies and meteor heads) has a 1/2500 (0.04%) chance of dropping this item. Otherwise this item can only be obtained via crafting.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Mechanical Skull's texture is based on the Skull Lantern furniture item.
- The Mechanical Skull's texture on Mobile is the same as Old-Gen Console and 3DS's texture.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Skull Lantern and Mechanical Skull are very similar in appearance to the skull in the original sprite for Skeletons: .
- Like the Mechanical Worm, it looks like a wind-up toy.
See also[edit | edit source]
- Mechanical Worm and Mechanical Eye, the other mechanical boss-summoners.
- Suspicious Looking Skull, Ocram's summon item of similar appearance to the Mechanical Skull.
Achievement[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated. Old sprite was:
- Desktop 1.2.1: Drop chance reduced from 1 in 1000 (0.1%) to 1 in 2500 (0.04%).
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Sprite updated to match Desktop 1.3.1. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Sprite updated to match Desktop 1.3.1. ()
- Console 1.02: Now a Hardmode drop with the droprate of Desktop 1.2.1. Recipe changed to match Desktop 1.2.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Now a Hardmode drop with the droprate of Desktop 1.2.1. Recipe changed to match Desktop 1.2.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.