- Internal Item ID: 556
The Mechanical Worm is a Hardmode item used to summon The Destroyer, the Hardmode version of the Eater of Worlds. It can only be used during the night; attempting to use it during the day will neither summon the boss nor consume the item. Using another Mechanical Worm while The Destroyer is already summoned has no effect. If The Destroyer has not been defeated yet in a Hardmode world, all enemies have a 1/2500 (0.04%) chance of dropping this item, with the exception of statue-spawned enemies and Meteor Heads.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Achievement[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Unlike Worm Food, a Mechanical Worm can be used outside of The Corruption. However, it requires night time for usage, whereas Worm Food lacks a time requirement.
- Like other Mechanical Boss summoning items, the Mechanical Worm can be brought to Pre-Hardmode worlds and will successfully summon The Destroyer there.
- As with several items, the Mechanical Worm has multiple crafting recipes (four in total) due to some items in the recipe allowing substitutes.
- In the Old-gen console version, Mobile version, and 3DS version, the Mechanical Worm has its old texture.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- There is a minor grammatical error in the item's tooltip: It says "Summons Destroyer" instead of "Summons The Destroyer". In the , this mistake is not present. version
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated. Old sprite was less mechanical, and looked like this: .
- Desktop 1.2.1: Drop chance decreased from 1 in 1000 (0.1%) to 1 in 2500 (0.04%).
- Desktop 1.2:
- Now also drops randomly from any enemy in Hardmode.
- No longer requires copper, and requires one fewer Soul of Night.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.