|Damage||25 / 23 Ranged|
|Knockback||1 (Extremely Weak)|
|Use time||7 Insanely Fast|
|Tooltip||50% chance to not consume ammo|
'Minishark's older brother'
- Internal Item ID: 533
The Megashark is a Hardmode gun that fires Bullets. It is a stronger version of the Minishark, and is one of the strongest pre-Plantera guns in the game. It fires at an insanely fast speed and has a 50% chance not to consume ammo.
Its best Modifier is Unreal.
Comparison[edit | edit source]
Comparison Table[edit | edit source]
|Knockback||1 (Extremely Weak)||0 (No Knockback)|
|Use Time||7 (Insanely Fast)||8 (Insanely Fast)|
|Chance to not consume ammo||50%||33%|
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- When firing straight down, you can see that the bullets shoot just above the barrel, near the fins.
- Since Lepus drops Souls of Might, it is possible to obtain the crafting ingredients for the Megashark pre-Hardmode; however, it will still require a Hardmode Anvil to craft.
- Even though the S.D.M.G. is not a direct upgrade from the Megashark, it is considered to be one due to the similarities between them.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- If the reduced 50% ammo consumption of this weapon is combined with a ranged bonus of 20% reduced ammo usage (such as the Necro armor's, Shroomite armor's or Ammo Boxes), or with a 25% reduced ammo usage (such as the Hallowed armor's or Adamantite armor's), the observed final bonus is multiplicative between the two, resulting in a 60% ammo reduction or 62.5% ammo reduction respectively (That means that a stack of 999 bullets will yield about 2498 and 2664 shots on average, respectively). In case it is used with the Titan armor ( ), the resultant bonus will be 78% less ammo consumption (3842 shots on average).
- Using an Endless Musket Pouch renders the ammo usage reduction useless, which allows one to wear other armors in favor of different bonuses.
- Compared to the Gatligator and the Uzi, the Megashark is the most accurate and low use time gun. The Gatligator is very fast but has low accuracy and can be rare at times, and the Uzi has high velocity bullets and a good amount of damage, but is slower and much more rare. That said, both the Gatligator and the Uzi can be obtained before defeating The Destroyer, which can be seen as a point in their favor.
- When paired with High Velocity Bullets, this weapon can be quite effective against The Twins because the high velocity counteracts their high speed.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Minishark has a higher sell value than the Megashark, despite being weaker and an ingredient in its crafting recipe.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Damage increased from 23 to 25.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.