The Meteor armor is an armor set that consists of the Meteor Helmet, Meteor Suit, and Meteor Leggings. Equipping the full set reduces the mana cost of the Space Gun to 0. In the Desktop version, the Gray Zapinator and Orange Zapinator are also affected by this change. Each piece of the armor worn increases magic damage by 7%. If the full set is visible, the player leaves a trail of flames as they move.
Set[edit | edit source]
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- In versions before 1.4, it could be beneficial for players to aim to destroy a Shadow Orb (or Crimson Heart) as quickly as possible, as the Meteor armor and the Space Gun make for a strong combination in early pre-Hardmode. In 1.4, Meteorite won't spawn before player kills Eater of Worlds/Brain of Cthulhu, but Meteor armor with Space Gun still remain a very useful combination after that.
- Oddly enough, the set bonus also affects the Gray Zapinator and Orange Zapinator, which makes this armor set useful into Hardmode. However, the lack of defense will be a great drawback.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The fire particle effect can be altered by dyes. Using different dye in each slot of the armor causes the colors to blend.
- Despite the Meteorite Helmet requiring the fewest bars to craft, it sells for the most.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Set bonus now affects Gray Zapinator and Orange Zapinator.
- Desktop 1.3.2: Sprites updated.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Bars requirement reduced by 5 for each item (from 15/25/20, respectively)
- Desktop 1.2:
- Bars requirement reduced by 5 for each item (from 20/30/25, respectively)
- Defense of all pieces increased by 2.
- Magic Damage per piece increased by 2%.
- Desktop 1.1:
- Bars requirement reduced by 5 for each item (from 25/35/30, respectively).
- Graphics variant for female characters added.
- Desktop 1.0.6:
- Defense of all pieces reduced by 1.
- Mana regen replaced by 5% increased magic damage per piece.
- Full set no longer emits light, but leaves a trail of flames behind when the player moves.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.