|Type||Ore – Crafting material|
|Use time||14 Very Fast|
|Debuff tooltip||Losing life and slow movement|
- This article is about the ore. For the biome, see Meteorite (biome).
Meteorite is an uncommon type of ore mined from meteorite crash sites. Crash sites are not generated on world creation, but instead generate throughout the game based on certain conditions. Mining Meteorite requires at least a Tungsten, Gold, or Platinum Pickaxe. Meteorite also has a 2% chance of being dropped by a Meteor Head, which spawn in meteorite crash sites.
Crash sites can occur anywhere, accompanied by a message signifying the event. Meteorite ores are required to make a Meteorite Bar.
Contact with Meteorite blocks causes the player to be inflicted with the Burning debuff, unless the player has the Obsidian Skull, Obsidian Shield, Obsidian Horseshoe, Obsidian Water Walking Boots, Lava Waders, or Ankh Shield equipped, or is using an Obsidian Skin Potion. Meteorite can be mined without these defenses, and the ore is safe to collect once mined.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Water will not prevent damage from a Meteorite block.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Turning the ore into Meteorite Bars and selling them is 133% more profitable than selling the raw ore itself.
- Blocks between the player and a Meteorite block will prevent damage. A layer of Sand or a similar gravity-affected block can effectively negate much of the danger of mining Meteorite.
- If a Player places at least 50 pieces of Meteorite, they can create an artificial Meteorite Biome, where all enemy spawns are replaced by Meteor Heads.
- Explosives such as dynamite can be used to mine as an alternative to pickaxes.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Placed Meteorite has a new texture. Meteorites spawn in larger chunks.
- Desktop 1.2:
- No longer causes invincibility frames when touched. Instead burns for 10 damage every tick.
- Increased stack limit from 250 to 999.
- Now takes fewer hits with a pickaxe to mine. A Nightmare Pickaxe, for example, now takes 2 hits to mine Meteorite instead of 4.
- Desktop 1.0.5: Now have a sparkle effect.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.