|Buff tooltip||Riding in a minecart|
Minecarts allow a player to ride on Minecart Tracks.
On the Desktop version, Console version, and Mobile version, the default Minecart is a slightly inferior one called Wooden Minecart. It is not an obtainable item. On these versions, the Minecart is a craftable item which needs to be equipped in the Minecart equipment slot, overriding the use of the Wooden Minecart. It is the second tier Minecart, being worse than the Mechanical Cart, but better than the Wooden Minecart.
On the Desktop and , if the player is within a few blocks of placed versionsMinecart Track, they can press the mount hotkey (R by default) or Ⓐ to grapple to the track and appear on a Minecart. The hook will appear as the default grey Grappling Hook, even if the player has a different hook equipped.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Minecart has a maximum speed of 48.4 blocks per second, or 66 mph, which is reached in about 5 seconds. The Wooden Minecart's maximum speed is 37.4 blocks per second or 51 mph, taking 6 seconds to reach maximum speed.
- If a Minecart hits an enemy (or another player when PvP is activated) while at maximum speed, that entity will take 70–110 damage.
- The Minecart has a minimum travel speed of 5 mph while the Wooden Minecart has a minimum travel speed of 6 mph.
- Using the Umbrella and jumping off the Minecart Track will maintain vertical velocity.
- The Minecart can be dyed. The Wooden Minecart can be dyed as well, without an item in the slot.
Achievement[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Minecart is capable of reaching speeds faster than all pre-Hardmode bosses and most Hardmode bosses, making it a valuable escape tool if absolutely necessary.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Now craftable, equippable, dyeable and has a sell value.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Introduced.