|Tooltip||Let's ride the rails|
|Buff tooltip||Riding in a minecart|
Minecarts allow a player to ride on Minecart Tracks.
On the Desktop version and Console version, the Minecart is a craftable item which can be equipped in the Minecart equipment slot and dyed (the default Wooden Minecart can be dyed as well, without an item in the slot). It is the second tier Minecart, being worse than the Mechanical Cart, but better than the default Wooden Minecart. If a Minecart hits an Enemy (or another player when PvP is activated) while at maximum speed, that entity will take 70–110 damage.
The Minecart has a max speed of 48.4 blocks per second, or 66 mph. The time to reach maximum speed is about 5 seconds. The default Wooden Minecart's maximum speed is 37.4 blocks per second or 51 mph, taking 6 seconds to reach max speed.
On the Desktop and , if the player is within a few blocks of placed versionMinecart Track, they can press the mount hotkey (R by default) or Ⓐ to grapple to the track and appear on a Minecart. The hook will appear as the default grey Grappling Hook, even if the player has a different hook equipped.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Achievement[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This Minecart was the default and only Minecart in version 1.2. The default in 1.3 is the slower Wooden Minecart variant:
- Using the Umbrella and jumping off the Minecart Track will maintain vertical velocity.
- The default Minecart (for 1.2.4) is the only available Minecart in the Mobile and . versions
- This Minecart and the Mechanical Cart are capable of reaching speeds faster than all Pre-Hardmode bosses and most Hardmode bosses, making it a valuable escape tool if absolutely necessary.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Now craftable, equippable, dyeable and has a sell value.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Introduced.