Mining armor is an armor set consisting of the Mining Helmet or Ultrabright Helmet, Mining Shirt, and Mining Pants. The helmets alone provide light when worn in the armor slot, but not when worn in the social slot. Each piece grants 1 defense (aside from the Ultrabright Helmet, which grants 4), for a total of 3 (or 6 with the Ultrabright Helmet) when the full set is worn. A full set also provides a set bonus of 30% increased mining speed.
- The Mining Shirt and Mining Pants are dropped from Undead Miners with a
12*3/25 (12%) / 2.4*3/125 (2.4%) chance.
- The Mining Helmet can be purchased from the Merchant for 4 / 8.
Set[edit | edit source]
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Mining armor is most valuable for digging tunnels, especially with Smart Cursor enabled.
- Using the Picksaw/Shroomite Digging Claw/Luminite Pickaxes along with the mining armor is the best for digging hellshafts/hellevators, mainly because of their speed.
- Using Mining Potion along with the Mining armor makes digging a lot faster, as the mining bonuses stack.
- Using a Shroomite Digging Claw with the Light modifier, Mining armor, Mining Potions, Slice of Cake, and Ancient Chisel, a player can achieve the fastest mining speed in the game.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.4.1: Mining Shirt and Pants drop chance increased from
2.4*3/125 (2.4%) to 12*3/25 (12%).
- Desktop 1.3.2: Sprites updated.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52:
- Mining Helmet's price reduced from 8 to 4.
- Undead Miners now have a chance to drop Mining Helmets.
- Desktop 1.2.1: Graphics variant for female characters added.
- Desktop 1.2: Wearing the full set now gives 30% increased mining speed, up from 20%.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced Mining Pants and Shirt. When worn with the Mining Helmet, a set bonus provides 20% mining speed increase.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced Mining Helmet.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.