|Knockback||0 (No Knockback)|
|Use time||8 Insanely Fast|
|Tooltip||33% chance to not consume ammo|
'Half shark, half gun, completely awesome.'
- Internal Item ID: 98
I see you're eyeballin' the Minishark.. You really don't want to know how it was made.
The Minishark is a gun that can be bought from the Arms Dealer for
350000*35 and uses any form of bullet. Each shot has a 1/3 (33.3%) chance of not consuming any ammunition. It has the lowest use time of all pre-Hardmode ranged weapons.
Its best modifier is Demonic, as it does not have any knockback and thus cannot get modifiers that affect it.
- Combining the Minishark with a Shark Tooth Necklace can be useful, especially against bosses, who generally have high amounts of defense and therefore increase the low damage value of the Minishark.
- The Minishark deals small amounts of damage very quickly, meaning that against enemies with higher defense, its damage is reduced to one per hit, causing a significant decrease in overall damage output. As most Hardmode enemies have enough defense to negate its damage and significantly more health than basic enemies, it becomes functionally useless beyond this point and is replaced by its upgrade, the Megashark.
- The ammo-conserving effect of the Minishark can be amplified by adding the following gear:
Gear Ammo conservation Avg. yield of
Avg. ammo consumption rate
individual total n/a (base weapon) 1/3 (33.3%) 1498.5 shots 1 every 0.2 seconds(12 ticks) 1/5 (20%) 8/15 (53.3%) 2140.7 shots 1 every 0.286 seconds(17.14 ticks) 1/5 (20%) 2/3 (66.7%) 2997 shots 1 every 0.4 seconds(24 ticks)
- The fictional hand-held Minigun has been popularized in video games and films since the 1980s. In practice, a man-portable M134 minigun would be nearly impossible to manage as an individual infantry weapon, and highly impractical for a human being to either carry or operate.
- Desktop 1.2: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.1: Price lowered from 40 to 35 .
- Desktop 1.0.6: Added 33% chance not to consume ammo.
- Desktop 1.0.5:
- Damage increased from 5 to 6.
- Price lowered from 50 to 40 .
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.
- A tick is a time unit countable by the software. Most of Terraria's updating logic happens every tick. A tick has the length of 1/60th of a second, hence there are 60 ticks in a second and 3600 ticks in a minute.