I see you're eyeballin' the Minishark.. You really don't want to know how it was made.
|Type||Weapon – Crafting material|
|Knockback||0 (No Knockback)|
|Use time||8 (Insanely Fast)|
|Tooltip|| 33% chance to not consume ammo.|
'Half shark, half gun, completely awesome.'
|Buy / Sell||35 / 7|
|Internal Item ID: 98|
The Minishark is a gun that can be bought from the Arms Dealer for 35 and uses any form of bullet. It has an incredibly high fire rate and a base damage of 6. In addition, each shot from the Minishark has a 1 in 3 chance (~33%) of not consuming any ammunition.
The Minishark does not deal any knockback.
Its best Modifier is Demonic for critical strike chance or Deadly for speed.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Achievement[edit | edit source]
|Completely Awesome • "Obtain a minishark."|
|Obtain the Minishark.|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Combining this with a Shark Tooth Necklace and the Deadly Modifier can be useful.
- Reforging this weapon is very expensive. However, due to its low base damage a damage-reducing modifier can make the weapon ineffective, while a damage-increasing modifier can vastly increase its effectiveness.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- On average, a stack of 999 bullets can yield 1499 shots. With the Necro armor, which provides an additional 1 in 5 chance (20%) of not consuming ammunition, giving combined chance equal to 7 in 15 (46.7%) chance to consume ammo. In this case the average yield from a 999-bullet stack rises to 1873 shots. When adding the Ammo Box, adding another 1 in 5 chance (20%) of not consuming ammunition, this weapon has a 2 in 3 (66.7%) chance of not consuming ammo, making a 999-bullet stack rising to ~3122 shots.
- On average with the Minishark in constant use, one bullet is consumed every 10.5 use time (0.175 seconds). With the Necro armor on average, one bullet is consumed every 15 use time (0.25 seconds).
- Skeletron normally takes 4-5 damage from this weapon, but when his head is spinning he loses all of his defense, giving you an opportunity to hit for much higher damage (about 12-16 damage depending on the bullets in use).
- The Minishark deals small amounts of damage very quickly, meaning that against enemies with higher defense its damage is reduced to one per hit, causing a significant decrease in overall damage output. As most Hardmode enemies have enough defense to negate its damage and significantly more health than basic enemies, it becomes functionally useless beyond this point until the Megashark is developed.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2: Changed weapon sprite.
- Desktop 1.1: Price lowered from 40 to 35 gold coins.
- Desktop 1.0.6: Added 33% chance to not consume ammo.
- Desktop 1.0.5:
- Damage increased from 5 to 6.
- Price lowered from 50 gold coins to 40 gold coins.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.