|Knockback||0 (No knockback)|
|Use time||8 (Insanely fast)|
|Tooltip||33% chance to not consume ammo|
'Half shark, half gun, completely awesome.'
- Internal Item ID: 98
“I see you're eyeballin' the Minishark.. You really don't want to know how it was made.
The Minishark is a gun that can be bought from the Arms Dealer for
350000*35 and can use any form of bullet. It is capable of autofiring and each shot has a 1/3 (33.3%) chance of not consuming any ammunition. It has the lowest use time of all pre-Hardmode ranged weapons.
Due to the gun having no knockback, Its best modifier is Deadly. The Demonic prefix will result in more damage per pellet, but Deadly gives noticeably greater DPS.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Achievement[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Combining the Minishark with a Shark Tooth Necklace can be useful, especially against bosses, whose high amounts of defense can severely reduce the already low damage per shot of the Minishark.
- The Minishark is an SMG/Minigun style weapon, meaning it deals small amounts of damage at a rapid rate. Against enemies with higher defense, its damage is reduced to one per hit, causing a significant decrease in overall damage output. As most Hardmode enemies have enough defense to negate its damage completely and have significantly more health than basic enemies, it becomes functionally useless beyond this point and is replaced by its upgrade, the Megashark.
- Even with the 33.3% chance to not consume ammo, the Minishark can still use an entire stack of musket balls very quickly, especially with modifiers that decrease it's use time. However, The ammo-conserving effect of the Minishark can be increased substantially by adding the following gear:
Gear Chance to not consume ammo Avg. yield of
Avg. ammo consumption rate
Individual Total n/a (base weapon) 1/3 (33.3%) 1498.5 shots 1 every 0.2 seconds(12 ticks) Necro armor or Fossil armor 1/5 (20%) 7/15 (46.6%) 1873.1 shots 1 every 0.25 seconds(15 ticks) Ammo Box 1/5 (20%) 43/75 (57.3%) 2341.4 shots 1 every 0.313 seconds(18.75 ticks)
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The fictional hand-held Minigun has been popularized in video games and films since the 1980s. In practice, a man-portable M134 minigun would be nearly impossible to manage as an individual infantry weapon, and highly impractical for a human being to either carry or operate.
- The Minishark's color and design is similar to that of the Machine Gun from the 1999 multiplayer-focused first-person shooter Quake III Arena. They are also both automatic guns with multiple barrels and low damage per bullet.
- The Clockwork Assault Rifle, Star Cannon, Flintlock Pistol, and the Minishark are some of the only guns without knockback.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.1: Price lowered from
400000*40 to 350000*35.
- Desktop 1.0.6: Added 33% chance not to consume ammo.
- Desktop 1.0.5:
- Damage increased from 5 to 6.
- Price lowered from
500000*50 to 400000*40.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.
Footnotes[edit | edit source]
- A tick is a time unit countable by the software. Most of Terraria's updating logic happens every tick. A tick has the length of 1/60th of a second, hence there are 60 ticks in a second and 3600 ticks in a minute.