- For the mobile version history, see Mobile Version history.
The mobile version of Terraria is ported by 505 Games in collaboration with both Codeglue and RakNet. It currently runs on Android devices, iOS devices, and Windows Mobile devices.
The mobile version is available for purchase on the iOS App Store, Android (via Google Play Store or Amazon Appstore), and Windows Phone devices for $4.99 (€4.08 / £4.99)
This version is currently equivalent (roughly) to Desktop 188.8.131.52. It also has some content that is not included in other versions, including Enemies, Bosses, Pets, and Weapons.
See the mobile FAQ maintained by 505 Games for some technical tips.
Some items may also appear in the Old-gen console version and . The mobile version also includes items introduced in versionConsole 1.2.
The 1.3 port to mobile is currently in development by DR Studios. A release date has not been determined.
Some exclusive items will be removed (and others made vanity) as part of "One Terraria", an effort by Re-Logic to give all platforms of the game an equal experience, and to one day allow for cross-platform multiplayer.
Specific RAM requirements will not be determined until 1.3 is ready for release.
No device nor operating system is planned to be neglected during the 1.3 port.
- The screen size is slightly (tablet)/much (phone) smaller than the screen size of the Desktop version and Console version, which makes spotting critters and enemies from far away slightly (tablet)/much (phone) more difficult.
- Like the , players can choose from a versionnormal world (1750 x 1000 blocks), or an expanded world (4200 x 1200 blocks, which is equivalent to a small world on the Desktop version and Console version.), but your device must have 512 MB to create an Expanded world and you may experience performance issues if your device has less than 1 GB of memory avaliable.
- Local multiplayer with up to 4 players is supported on iOS and Android.
- There is currently no housing menu because of UI limitations, making it impossible to check if a house is suitable and choose a house for an NPC.
- All player characters are softcore characters.
- It is recommended to use a tablet instead of a phone due to screen size.
- New player characters spawn with a Wooden Sword instead of a Copper Shortsword. The damage of the Wooden Sword is only 5, not 7. However, the Copper Shortsword's damage is still 5.
- All weapons have autoswing, except the Phoenix Blaster and Sniper Rifle.
- Unlike other versions, weapons are never crafted with Modifiers already on the weapon.
- It is currently impossible to write on Signs.
- In Hardmode, the day and night cycle is the same length as the Desktop version, Console version, and , but in versionPre-Hardmode, it is much shorter (unless there is a boss or event fight).
- The Post-Plantera Dungeon is exactly the same as in Expert Mode (when it comes to Dungeon Spirits), where after beating Plantera, all Dungeon enemies have a 1/13 chance of spawning a Dungeon Spirit when killed regardless of health, but even Cursed Skulls can do this; while on the Desktop version and Console version, only enemies with 100 health or higher have a 1/15 chance of spawning a Dungeon Spirit upon death.
- During Rain at Night, there is lightning.
- Torches look slightly different than on Desktop and Console.
- There are Torches in Living Trees, making exploration easier.
- Music Boxes, Watches, Compasses, and Rulers are not fully functional, and are currently
- Depth Meters are obtainable but not functional.
- It is impossible for a player to set visibility of an accessory.
- Currently, coins use the pre-1.3 coin textures, except for the Mobile-exclusive Platinum Coin texture ().
- The Jungle Sanctum has a chance to generate partially inside the Jungle Temple, allowing entrance.
- Frostburn seems to ignore defense on Mobile. This is most likely a bug.
- There are weird loot bag-like items that drop random items that can be hacked in. This was most likely a way for developers to get sets of items fast. There are 5 of these which are currently known.
- You cannot deactivate buff effects unless you leave the world.
- A Palladium Drill can be used to mine Adamantite and Titanium ores.
- A Shadow Chest can contain a Drax making it obtainable Pre-Hardmode
- On devices with larger screens players can set their Inventory bar from the standard 5 to the original 10 slots.This is not possible on smaller screens due to possible overlaying HUDs and smaller Button sizes.
Some Console,Mobile,and 3DS exclusive content Have 1.3 style of Textures regardless of being removed in the 1.3 mobile update.
A Nurse's house with a sign over the door.