We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
|Mobile-Only Content: This information applies only to the mobile version of Terraria.|
The mobile version of Terraria is ported by 505 Games in collaboration with Codeglue and RakNet and runs on Android, iOS and Windows mobile devices. This version is currently equivalent (roughly) to the desktop 18.104.22.168 version. It also has some content that is not included in the desktop or Console versions, including exclusive enemies, bosses, pets, and other items. Some items may be removed in further updates to the mobile and console version though, to make all of the versions “similar.” The mobile version is available for purchase on iOS, Android (via Google Play Store), Android (via Amazon Appstore), and Windows Phone devices for $7.99 (€4.48 / £3.99.)
See the mobile FAQ maintained by 505 Games for some technical tips.
Mobile-exclusive content[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Depending on the device, the screen size is slightly or much smaller than the Desktop version's screen size, which makes spotting critters and enemies from far away slightly more difficult.
- The Spectre Hood still has its old stats on this version (increased maximum mana by 80, reduced mana usage by 17%, and 10% increased magic damage and Critical hit chance).
- Players can choose from a normal world (1750 x 1000 blocks), or an expanded world (4200 x 1200 blocks, which is equivalent to a small world on the Desktop version.)
- Local multiplayer with up to four players is supported on iOS and Android.
- There is no housing menu because of UI limitations, making it impossible to check if a house is suitable and choose a house for an NPC.
- All player characters are softcore characters.
- New player characters spawn with a Wooden Sword instead of a Copper Shortsword on the Desktop and Console versions.
- All weapons have autoswing, except the Phoenix Blaster and Sniper Rifle.
- Unlike other versions, weapons are never crafted with Modifiers already on the weapon.
- It is impossible to write on Signs.
- In Hardmode, the day and night cycle is the same length as the Desktop version, but in Pre-Hardmode, it is much shorter.
- After beating Plantera, all Dungeon enemies have a 1/13 chance of spawning a Dungeon Spirit when killed regardless of health; while on Console and Desktop, only enemies with 100 health or higher have a chance of spawning a Dungeon Spirit upon death.
- During Rain at Night, there is lightning.
- Torches look slightly different than on the Desktop version.
- There are Torches in Living Trees.
- Music Boxes are not fully functional.
- It is impossible for a player to set visibility of an accessory.
- Uses the old coin textures, except for the Mobile-exclusive platinum coin texture.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
| Console/Mobile only enemies |
|Pre-Hardmode||Albino Antlion • Arch Demon • Dragon Hornet • Dragon Skull • Dragon Snatcher • Orca • Vampire Miner|
|Hardmode||Arch Wyvern • Shadow Hammer • Shadow Mummy • Shadow Slime • Spectral Elemental • Spectral Gastropod • Spectral Mummy|
|Bosses||Ocram • Servant of Ocram • Lepus • Diseaster Bunny • Turkor the Ungrateful|