|Damage||23 / 40 Throwing|
|Use time||39 Very Slow|
|Tooltip||A small explosion that puts enemies on fire|
Lights nearby area on fire for a while
|Debuff duration||3-7 seconds|
|Debuff tooltip||Slowly losing life|
- Internal Item ID: 2590
The Molotov Cocktail is a consumable throwing weapon with relatively short range. Upon hitting a solid object or enemy, it will explode and release flaming embers. Contact with these projectiles deals damage and inflicts the On Fire! debuff. Its high damage and ability to inflict fire damage makes it a powerful early to mid-game weapon. Unlike other explosives, this weapon will not damage the thrower.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- It is somewhat difficult to obtain in the Desktop version and Console version, as Pinky needs to have been defeated at least once (in order to obtain its Pink Gel, a required crafting ingredient), who only has a 1/180 chance of spawning in place of a regular slime. Also taking into consideration that Pinky has a lot of health and is extremely vulnerable to knockback, defeating it may prove fairly challenging to new players.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- This item is particularly effective at clearing Spider Nests and vines due to its many bouncing fireballs that can break large quantities of Cobweb and vine at once.
- It is also quite effective for several boss fights:
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Molotov cocktails were originally anti-tank, gasoline-filled bottles the Finnish Army used against the Russians in the "Winter War" of 1939. The term is still used to refer to any small makeshift fire grenade made from a bottle of fuel or strong alcohol with a lit cloth in the neck.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52:
- Desktop 1.2.4: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: See changes above for Desktop 184.108.40.206.
- Console 1.0.750.0: See changes above for Desktop 220.127.116.11.
- Console 1.08: Introduced.