Molotov Cocktail's effect.
The Molotov Cocktail is a thrown consumable weapon with relatively short range. Upon hitting a solid object or enemy, it will explode and release flaming embers. Contact with these projectiles deals damage and inflicts the On Fire! debuff. Its high damage and ability to inflict fire damage makes it a powerful early to mid-game weapon. Unlike other explosives, this weapon will not damage the thrower.
Console and Mobile Versions
- It is somewhat difficult to obtain in the PC version as you need to have defeated Pinky at least once (to obtain its gel), who only has a 1/180 chance of spawning in place of a regular slime. Also taking into consideration that Pinky has a lot of health and is extremely vulnerable to knockback, it can be very challenging to new players. Another downside is that it only crafts 5 Molotov bottles, whereas on mobile and console, it crafts 10 without the need of Pink Gel.
- Molotov cocktails were originally anti-tank, diesel-filled bottles the Finnish Army used against the Russians in the "Winter War" of 1939. The term is still used to refer to any small makeshift fire grenade made from a bottle of fuel or strong alcohol with a lit cloth in the neck.
- Console 1.08: Introduced.
- Damage reduced from 40 to 23.
- Added Pink Gel to crafting recipe.
- Weapon type changed from Ranged to Thrown.
- 1.2.4: Introduced.