|Damage||23 / 40 (Ranged / Throwing )|
|Use time||40 (Very slow)|
|Tooltip||A small explosion that puts enemies on fire|
Lights nearby area on fire for a while
- Molotov Cocktail
- Molotov Fire 1
- Molotov Fire 2
- Molotov Fire 3
The Molotov Cocktail is a consumable ranged / throwing weapon with a relatively short throwing arc. Upon hitting a solid object or enemy, it will explode and release flaming embers. Contact with these projectiles deals damage and inflicts the On Fire! debuff. Its high damage and ability to inflict fire damage makes it a powerful early- to mid-pre-Hardmode weapon. Unlike other explosives, this weapon will not damage the thrower.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- It is somewhat difficult to obtain in the Desktop version, Console version, and Mobile version, as Pinky needs to have been defeated at least once (in order to obtain its Pink Gel, a required crafting ingredient), who only has a
0.56*1/180 (0.56%) chance of spawning in place of a regular slime. Also taking into consideration that Pinky has a lot of health and is extremely vulnerable to knockback, defeating it may prove fairly challenging to new players.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- This item is particularly effective at clearing Spider Caves and vines due to its many bouncing fireballs that can break large quantities of Cobweb and vine at once.
- It is also quite effective for several boss fights:
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Molotov cocktails were originally gasoline-filled bottles used as anti-tank weapons by the Finnish Army against the Russians during the Winter War of 1939. The name came from Vyacheslav Mikhailovich Molotov, a Soviet politician who claimed the Russians' air bombings were actually airdropped food. Finnish soldiers mocked this by saying the "cocktails" were drinks to go with the "food". The term is still used to refer to any small makeshift fire grenade made from a bottle of flammable liquid with a lit cloth as fuse.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Damage type changed from Throwing to Ranged.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206:
- Desktop 1.2.4: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: See changes above for Desktop 220.127.116.11. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: See changes above for Desktop 18.104.22.168. ()
- Console 1.08: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.