|Damage||23 / 40 Thrown|
|Use time||39 Very Slow|
|Tooltip||A small explosion that puts enemies on fire|
Lights nearby area on fire for a while
- Internal Item ID: 2590
The Molotov Cocktail is a thrown consumable weapon with relatively short range. Upon hitting a solid object or enemy, it will explode and release flaming embers. Contact with these projectiles deals damage and inflicts the On Fire! debuff. Its high damage and ability to inflict fire damage makes it a powerful early to mid-game weapon. Unlike other explosives, this weapon will not damage the thrower.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- It is somewhat difficult to obtain in the Desktop version and Console version, as you need to have defeated Pinky at least once (to obtain its gel), who only has a 1/180 chance of spawning in place of a regular slime. Also taking into consideration that Pinky has a lot of health and is extremely vulnerable to knockback, it can be very challenging to new players. Another downside is that it only crafts 5 Molotov bottles, whereas on mobile and old-gen console, it crafts 10 without the need of Pink Gel.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- This item is particularly effective at clearing Spider Nests and vines due to its many bouncing fireballs that can break large quantities of Cobweb and vine at once.
- It is also quite effective against the Eater of Worlds, the Creepers in the Brain of Cthulhu fight, and the Wall of Flesh fight.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Molotov cocktails were originally anti-tank, gasoline-filled bottles the Finnish Army used against the Russians in the "Winter War" of 1939. The term is still used to refer to any small makeshift fire grenade made from a bottle of fuel or strong alcohol with a lit cloth in the neck.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199:
- Desktop 1.2.4: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: See changes above for Desktop 188.8.131.52.
- Console 1.0.750.0: See changes above for Desktop 184.108.40.206.
- Console 1.08: Introduced.