We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
|Type||Critter – Bait|
|Internal NPC ID: 356|
Butterflies are small critters that can be found in Forests during daytime. They can be caught with a Bug Net and carried in the inventory, or crafted into Butterfly Jars. They can also be used as Bait for Fishing.
Butterflies[edit | edit source]
Internal Item ID: 2891
|10||50% bait||444||Small spawn rate.|
Internal Item ID: 2001
Internal Item ID: 1994
|Purple Emperor Butterfly
Internal Item ID: 1995
|Red Admiral Butterfly
Internal Item ID: 1996
Internal Item ID: 1998
|Tree Nymph Butterfly
Internal Item ID: 1999
|1||50% bait||356||Small spawn rate.|
Internal Item ID: 1997
|Zebra Swallowtail Butterfly
Internal Item ID: 2000
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used In[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Butterflies spawned by a statue will disappear into puffs of smoke upon trying to catch them.
- The spawn rate for Butterflies is decided at random when a day begins. As such, some days will have countless butterflies, while others will have almost none.
- Keep in mind that Butterfly Jars cannot be uncrafted, thus once you put a butterfly in a jar you cannot use it as Bait for Fishing.
- In console edition, you can attempt to plant moonglow seeds on normal mud blocks, and this may spawn a butterfly. This was discovered by accident, while attempting to make a moonglow farm. (this edit is currently untested by its author, and may simply be an error in coding)
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Zebra Swallowtail Butterfly item is the 2000th item to be added to the game, as seen through its Item ID.
History[edit | edit source]
| Pre-Hardmode Enemies • Hardmode Enemies • Event Enemies • Bosses Characters: |
Critters • Friendly NPCs • Familiars