|Type||Item summon • Storage|
|Use time||28 Average|
|Tooltip||Summons a flying piggy bank to store your items|
- Flying Piggy Bank
Flying Piggy Bank
The Money Trough is a summoning item that temporarily summons a flying pet-like version of the Piggy Bank. It has a 0.5% / 1% (1/200 / 1/100) chance to drop from the Drippler and the Blood Zombie during a Blood Moon, or with a much lower (0.025% (1/4000) / 0.05% (1/2000)) chance from their statue-spawned versions (regardless of whether a Blood Moon is occuring).
The Money Trough enables players to access their Piggy Bank contents without having to place the Piggy Bank or any furniture for it to rest on. The floating Piggy Bank despawns after 3 minutes, but can be re-summoned repeatedly at no cost. The Flying Piggy Bank does not follow the player like pets or minions would, rather hovering stationary at the point summoned. Once summoned, other players may use it as well to access their own Piggy Bank.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Money Trough is not a pet and cannot be placed into the pet equipment slot.
- If the Money Trough is placed into the Flying Piggy Bank, once it despawns it will only be accessible after removing from an actual Piggy Bank or another Money Trough.
- The Money Trough will always be facing the player, except while it's moving when spawned.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- You can use it to store situational, less-used items e.g Hammers, Potions, Fishing equipment or alternate Armor or Weapons, which would otherwise clog up inventory space.
- It is a useful item for Expert mode players, who lose 75% of their coins upon death rather than 50%, due to its ability to allow a player to deposit their coins at will, regardless of their location.
- The Money Trough is a useful item through the whole game, and can be obtained early. With some preparation, it can be obtained after a single Blood Moon.
- It may be worthwhile to hold off on defeating the Wall of Flesh until after acquiring a Money Trough, as Hardmode Blood Moons have a much higher variety of enemies, making it an even rarer drop.
- When buying from a vendor NPC, the Coins stored in the Piggy Bank via the Money Trough will be used if there is not enough in the Inventory.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Flying Piggy Bank is an allusion to the phrase "When pigs fly", a figure of speech used to humorously describe something that is thought to be impossible or will never happen.
- When spawning or despawning the Flying Piggy Bank, it emits an "oink", sometimes with slightly differing pitches.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Fixed a bug where if the player used the flying piggy bank, the "Quick stack to nearby chests" button would disappear.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 184.108.40.206: Introduced.