|Type||Item Summon – Storage|
|Use time||27 (Average)|
|Tooltip||Summons a flying piggy bank to store your items|
|Internal Item ID: 3213|
|Desktop-Only Content: This information applies only to the desktop version of Terraria.|
|Flying Piggy Bank|
The Money Trough is a summoning item that temporarily summons a flying pet-like version of the Piggy Bank. It has a 0.5% / 1% (1/200 / 1/100 ) chance to drop from the Drippler and the Blood Zombie during a Blood Moon, or with much lower which is 0.01% (1/10000 ) chance from their statue-spawned versions regardless of whether a Blood Moon is happening.
The Money Trough enables players to access their Piggy Bank contents without having to place the Piggy Bank or any furniture for it to rest on. The floating Piggy Bank despawns after 3 minutes, but can be re-summoned repeatedly at no cost. The Flying Piggy Bank does not follow the player like pets or minions would, rather hovering stationary at the point summoned.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Money Trough is not a pet and cannot be placed into the pet equipment slot.
- If the Money Trough is placed into the flying Piggy Bank, once it despawns it will only be accessible after removing from an actual Piggy Bank or another Money Trough.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- A useful item for expert mode players who lose 75% of their coins upon death, the Money Trough allows players to deposit their coins at will, regardless of their location.
- Money Trough is a useful item through the whole game, and can be obtained early. With some preparation, it can be obtained after a single Blood Moon.
- It may be worthwhile to hold off on defeating the Wall of Flesh until after acquiring a Money Trough, as Hardmode Blood Moons have a much higher variety of enemies and thus make it an even rarer drop.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Flying Piggy Bank is an allusion to the phrase "When pigs fly", a figure of speech used to humorously describe something that is impossible or will never happen.
- When spawning or despawning the Flying Piggy Bank, it emits an "oink", sometimes with slightly differing pitches.
History[edit | edit source]
- 18.104.22.168: Fixed a bug where if the player used the flying piggy bank, the "Quick Stack to All Chests" button would disappear.
- 22.214.171.124: Introduced.