Every placed Monolith in their on and off state.
Monoliths are Hardmode, post-Lunatic Cultist mechanisms that change the background to their respective Celestial Tower's when active. They can be activated via right-click, or via wire. There are four different Monoliths, all of which are crafted from the Ancient Manipulator, for 15 Celestial Fragments. Monoliths have a range of 70 blocks.
Monoliths do not stack their effects. Only the one placed in the spot furthest to the bottom right will affect a given area. They provide large amounts of light in the area they're activated in, which can be useful for situations in events like the Solar Eclipse.
- The effects of the Monoliths can cause some framerate issues.
- The far right of the screen while a monolith is activated sometimes continues to display the original background.
- The Monoliths will not spawn any enemies from that specific Tower.
- Crafting Monoliths is the most profitable way to monetize extra Lunar Fragments. Even crafting the Celestial Sigil, beating the Moon Lord and selling off all of his drops will net you less money per fragment on average.
- If a Monolith is left active when exiting a world, the background will remain when selecting a character and world for single player. Exiting the game returns the background to normal.
- The Monoliths appear to be miniature versions of the Celestial Pillars.
- When used during a Blood Moon it will override the red tint.
- Desktop 1.3.5: Fixed Vortex Monolith not selling for as much as it should.