|Placeable||2 wide × 3 high|
|Use time||15 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||'Wield a small amount of power from the Solar Tower' (Pillars)|
'Harness a small amount of power from the Void' (Void)
Monoliths are mechanisms that change the background to that of a related event, such as a Celestial Pillar or the Blood Moon. They can be activated with the ⚷ Open / Activate button or with wire. Monoliths have a range of 70 blocks in each direction.
Monoliths do not stack their effects. Only the one placed in the spot furthest to the bottom right will affect a given area. They provide large amounts of light in the area they are activated in, which can be useful for situations in events like the Solar Eclipse.
There are six / four different Monoliths: the Solar , Vortex , Nebula , Stardust , and Void Monoliths can be crafted, while the Blood Moon Monolith is dropped by the Dreadnautilus with a 1/9 (11.11%) chance.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The effects of the Monoliths can cause some framerate issues.
- The far right of the screen while a monolith is activated sometimes continues to display the original background.
- The Monoliths will not spawn any enemies from their specific event.
- Using multiple monoliths at a time will not combine the backgrounds, it will just keep the original background.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Crafting Monoliths is the most profitable way to monetize extra Lunar Fragments. Even crafting the Celestial Sigil, beating the Moon Lord and selling off all of his drops will net less money per fragment on average.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- If a Monolith is left active when exiting a world, the background will remain when selecting a character and world for single player. Exiting the game returns the background to normal.
- When used during a Blood Moon, a Monolith will combine its light color with the red tint.
- The Solar, Vortex, Nebula, and Stardust Monoliths appear to be miniature versions of the Celestial Pillars.
- The design of the Void Monolith is based on the Monoliths from the movie, 2001: A Space Odyssey.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Added Void and Blood Moon Monoliths.
- Desktop 1.3.5: Fixed Vortex Monolith not selling for as much as it should.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 22.214.171.124: Introduced.