We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
|Type||Furniture – Mechanism|
|Dimensions||2 wide ˣ 3 high|
|Internal Tile ID: 410|
|Desktop-Only Content: This information applies only to the desktop version of Terraria.|
Monoliths are Hardmode, post-Lunatic Cultist mechanisms that change the background to their respective Celestial Tower's background when active. They can be activated via right-click, or via wire. There are four different Monoliths, all of which are crafted from the Ancient Manipulator, for 15 Celestial Fragments. Monoliths have a range of 70 blocks.
Monoliths do not stack their effects. Only the one placed in the spot furthest to the bottom right will affect a given area. They provide large amounts of light in the area they're activated in, which can be useful for situations in events like the Solar Eclipse.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The effects of the Monoliths can cause some framerate issues.
- The far right of the screen while a monolith is activated sometimes continues to display the original background.
- The Monoliths will not spawn any enemies from that specific Tower.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- If a Monolith is left active when exiting a world, the background will remain when selecting a character and world for single player. Exiting the game returns the background to normal.
- The Monoliths appear to be miniature versions of the Celestial Pillars.
- When used during a Blood Moon it will override the red tint.
History[edit | edit source]
| Luminite |
| Ore • Bar • Brick • Brick Wall • Pickaxes • Drills • Hamaxes • Hammers • Chainsaws • Armor ( Vortex • Nebula • Stardust • Solar) • Wings • Arrow • Bullet|