Wiki reading hard on the eyes? Try out our Dark Theme! Visit the preferences page while logged in and select Hydra Dark.
|Placeable||(2 wide × 3 high)|
|Use time||15 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||'Wield a small amount of power from the Solar Tower' (Pillars)|
'Harness a small amount of power from the Void' (Void)
|Monoliths in their active and inactive states.|
- The Blood Moon Monolith mimics effects seen during a Blood Moon.
- The Nebula, Solar, Stardust, and Vortex Monoliths mimic effects that normally surround the corresponding Celestial Pillar during the Lunar Events.
- The Void Monolith mimics screen effects seen during the Moon Lord battle.
There are six / four different Monoliths: the Solar, Vortex, Nebula, Stardust, and Void Monoliths can be crafted, while the Blood Moon Monolith is dropped by the Dreadnautilus with a 1/9 (11.11%) chance.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Internal Item ID: 3537
Internal Item ID: 3539
Internal Item ID: 3538
Internal Item ID: 4318
Internal Item ID: 3536
total: 5 row(s)
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Monoliths have a range of 70 tiles in each direction.
- Monoliths do not stack their effects. The one placed furthest to the bottom-right takes precedence. However, the Blood Moon Monolith does stack its effects with the others.
- Monoliths only cause modified visuals. They do not spawn any event enemies or bosses.
- If a Monolith is left active when exiting a world, the background will remain when selecting a character and world for single player. Exiting the game returns the background to normal.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Crafting Monoliths is the most profitable way to monetize extra Lunar Fragments. Even crafting the Celestial Sigil, beating the Moon Lord and selling off all of his drops will net less money per fragment on average.
- As of 188.8.131.52, this is no longer true, as the Moon Lord drops 1 Platinum/2 Platinum 50 Gold, as well as Luminite that can be crafted into Void Monoliths.
- Their effects can sometimes raise the apparent light level in an area, which may be useful.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When used during a Blood Moon, a Monolith will combine its light color with the red tint.
- The Solar, Vortex, Nebula, and Stardust Monoliths appear to be miniature versions of the Celestial Pillars.
- The design of the Void Monolith is based on the Monoliths from the movie, 2001: A Space Odyssey.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Added Void and Blood Moon Monoliths.
- Desktop 1.3.5: Fixed Vortex Monolith not selling for as much as it should.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 18.104.22.168: Introduced.