|Placeable||(2 wide × 3 high)|
|Use time||15 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||Solar: 'Wield a small amount of power from the Solar Tower'|
Vortex: 'Wield a small amount of power from the Vortex Tower'
Nebula: 'Wield a small amount of power from the Nebula Tower'
Stardust: 'Wield a small amount of power from the Stardust Tower'
Void: 'Harness a small amount of power from the Void'
|Monoliths in their active and inactive states (from top to bottom: Vortex and Stardust, Nebula and Solar, Blood Moon and Void).|
There are six / four different monoliths: the Solar, Vortex, Nebula, Stardust, and Void Monoliths can be crafted, while the Blood Moon Monolith is dropped by the Dreadnautilus with a
11.11*1/9 (11.11%) chance.
- The Blood Moon Monolith mimics the effects seen during a Blood Moon.
- The Nebula, Solar, Stardust, and Vortex Monoliths mimic effects that normally surround the corresponding Celestial Pillar during the Lunar Events.
- The Void Monolith mimics the screen effects of the Moon Lord battle.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Internal Item ID: 3537
Internal Item ID: 3539
Internal Item ID: 3538
Internal Item ID: 4318
Internal Item ID: 3536
total: 5 row(s)
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Monoliths have a range of 70 tiles in each direction.
- Monoliths do not stack their effects. The one placed furthest to the bottom-right takes precedence. However, the Blood Moon Monolith does stack its effects with the others.
- Activating a lunar monolith first and then a Blood Moon Monolith will result in different colors than vice versa. For example, activating a Stardust Monolith, then a Blood Moon Monolith will display a dark blue, whereas activating a Blood Moon Monolith, then a Stardust Monolith will display a purple similar to the Nebula Pillar.
- Monoliths only cause modified visuals. They do not spawn any event enemies or bosses.
- If a Monolith is left active when exiting a world, the background will remain when selecting a character and world for single player. Exiting the game returns the background to normal.
- While the lunar Monoliths simulate screen effects, they do not play the music that is played during the events.
- Monoliths do not spawn enemies from the corresponding events, so they cannot be used for farming purposes.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Crafting monoliths is the most profitable way to monetize extra Lunar Fragments. Even crafting the Celestial Sigil, beating the Moon Lord, and selling off all of its drops will net less money per fragment on average.
- The monoliths' effects can sometimes raise the apparent light level in an area, which may be useful.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When used during a Blood Moon, a monolith will combine its light color with the red tint.
- The lunar monoliths appear to be miniature versions of the Celestial Pillars.
- The design of the Void Monolith is based on the Monoliths from the science fiction novel series Space Odyssey.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Added Void and Blood Moon Monoliths.
- Desktop 1.3.5: Fixed Vortex Monolith not selling for as much as it should.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 220.127.116.11: Introduced.