|Buff tooltip||Physical abilities are increased|
|Duration||From 7:30pm to 4:30am|
- Not to be confused with Moon Stone.
The Moon Charm is a Hardmode accessory that, when equipped during night time, turns the player into a werewolf, and applies the Werewolf buff. The item is a rare (1.67%) drop from the Werewolf enemy. The resulting werewolf looks brown in color, but the enemy is blue colored. Players with this item equipped during a full moon can still be attacked by other Werewolves.
The buff provides these bonuses:
- +2% Melee critical hit chance
- +5.1% Melee damage
- +5.1% Melee speed
- +5% Movement speed
- +3 Defense
- Slightly increased jump height and jump speed
- +0.5 HP regeneration per second (Like the Band of Regeneration)
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Moon Charm is a reasonably good accessory for melee fighters. Non-melee characters shouldn't bother with it, though Mages and Rangers interested in the effects of the Neptune's Shell might consider using a Celestial Shell (which combines the effects of the Moon Charm with the Merfolk transformation, and grants the Celestial Stone benefits) or a Moon Shell instead (which combines the effects of the Moon Charm with the Merfolk transformation, without the Celestial Stone benefits) if they want the aesthetics that come from the charm while gaining some level of usefulness from it.
- The Moon Charm is very useful when fighting bosses as most bosses can only be summoned during the night. This means that you gain all the benefits of the accessory throughout the entire fight.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Merfolk buff (granted by Neptune's Shell) overrides the Werewolf buff, replacing the graphics and cancelling the bonuses granted by the Moon Charm during nighttime.
- Armor will be hidden while the Werewolf buff is active, but will still grant its effects. Accessories will remain visible. Dyes also affect the werewolf's fur color.
- Equipping the Moon Charm in a Social Equipment slot will give you the appearance and sounds of a Werewolf any time, including during the day, but you will not receive the buff.
- Setting the Moon Charm to invisible will prevent the appearance or sounds of a Werewolf for the player, but the stat changes still take effect.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Can now hide the Moon Charm's werewolf transformation, or equip the charm to a Vanity slot for purely aesthetic transformations.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Fixed issue where merman / werewolf transforms are visible when you're invisible.
- Desktop 1.2: Overall boost to effects, also triggers every night instead of just full moons.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.