|All Masks equipped
- For defensive headpieces, see armor.
Masks are Vanity items dropped by all non-event Bosses, except those from the Old One's Army. They are worn in the social head slot. Each boss has a 14.29% (1 in 7) chance to drop its own mask.
- The Ancient Cultist Mask is arguably the most tedious to obtain, not because it is hard to defeat the Lunatic Cultist, but because it is impossible to farm him without spawning in and completing the Lunar Events likely multiple times.
- After updating to a Desktop 1.3-equivalent, the Ocram Mask became unobtainable.
- Any Ocram Mask already existing in character inventories or worlds prior to the update is still usable.
- It is impossible to obtain it on the Switch version, as Ocram was never available on this version.
- It was removed entirely from the Mobile version. Upon updating, all existing Ocram Masks were replaced with 10 each.
- Two of the masks have animations: The King Slime and Moon Lord Masks will move around when the player moves left or right.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Added Brain of Cthulhu, Wall of Flesh, Twins, Skeletron Prime, Queen Bee, Plantera, Golem, Eater of Worlds, Eye of Cthulhu, and Destroyer Masks.
- Console 1.07: Added all Masks up to Desktop 1.2.4 except for the Duke Fishron Mask.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced all Masks up to Desktop 1.2.4, but with a low drop rate.