|Tooltip||Turns the holder into a werewolf at night and a merfolk when entering water|
- Internal Item ID: 861
|Werewolf and Merfolk forms.|
The Moon Shell is a Hardmode accessory that can be crafted at the Tinkerer's Workshop. It combines the effects of the Moon Charm and the Neptune's Shell: Equipping it will turn the player into a Merfolk when entering water (at any time), or into a Werewolf at night. The Merfolk form replaces the Werewolf form if entering water at night.
The buffs from the Moon Charm:
- +2% melee critical hit chance
- +5.1% melee damage
- +5.1% melee speed
- +5% movement speed
- +3 defense
- Slightly increased jump height and jump speed
- +0.5 HP regeneration per second (like the Band of Regeneration)
The buff from the Neptune's Shell:
- Entering water with this accessory equipped transforms the player into Merfolk form. While in this form, the breath meter will not display (nor will it decrease), therefore effectively preventing drowning. The player will be able to move freely in water.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If the Moon Shell is made invisible in the accessory slot, the character will not appear to change into a Werewolf or a Merfolk although the buff is still applied.
- If equipped into a social slot, the werewolf form overrides the human form regardless of the time of day. However, this is only a visual appearance, and the player will receive no actual buffs or bonuses.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- While the components of the Moon Shell sell for a combined 1050, the Moon Shell only sells for 8 (23.81% less).
- The Moon Charm is "anonymously" rarer than the Neptune's Shell. On the one hand, the Charm's drop rate is almost as high and full moons are more common than Solar Eclipses; on the other, even a single Solar Eclipse will spawn many Creatures From the Deep, while Werewolves are limited to normal spawn rates and the shorter length of the night versus day. A Blood Moon will increase the Werewolf spawn rate, but a full Blood Moon occurs an average of once in 72 days, during which time 3–4 eclipses can be expected even without Solar Tablets.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Can now hide the Moon Shell's werewolf and merfolk transformation.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.