The Moon Shell is a Hardmode accessory that can be crafted at the Tinkerer's Workshop. It has the combined effects of the Moon Charm and the Neptune's Shell. Equipping it will turn the player into a Merfolk when entering water (at any time), or into a Werewolf at night. The Merfolk form replaces the Werewolf form if entering water at night.
The buffs from the Moon Charm:
- +2% Melee critical hit chance
- +5.1% Melee damage
- +5.1% Melee speed
- +5% Movement speed
- +3 Defense
- Slightly increased jump height and jump speed
- +0.5 HP regeneration per second (Like the Band of Regeneration)
The buff from the Neptune's Shell:
- Turn into Merfolk (no air bubble limit and movement in water is the same as on land)
- The Merfolk Buff overrides the Werewolf buff, and the two are not applied at the same time.
- If you make it invisible in the accessory slot, the character will not appear to change although the buff is still applied.
- If equipped into a social slot, the werewolf form overrides the human form regardless of the time of day. However, this is only a visual appearance, and the player will receive no actual buffs or bonuses.
- The Moon Shell resembles a purple Neptune's Shell carved into a crescent moon.
- 18.104.22.168: Can now hide the Moon Shell's werewolf and merfolk transformation.