We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
From Terraria Wiki
The Moon Shell is a Hardmode accessory that can be crafted at the Tinkerer's Workshop. It has the combined effects of the Moon Charm and the Neptune's Shell. Equipping it will turn the player into a Merfolk when entering water (at any time), or into a Werewolf at night. The Merfolk form replaces the Werewolf form if entering water at night.
The buffs from the Moon Charm:
- +2% Melee critical hit chance
- +5.1% Melee damage
- +5.1% Melee speed
- +5% Movement speed
- +3 Defense
- Slightly increased jump height and jump speed
- +0.5 HP regeneration per second (Like the Band of Regeneration)
The buff from the Neptune's Shell:
- Turn into Merfolk (no air bubble limit and movement in water is the same as on land)
- The Merfolk Buff overrides the Werewolf buff, and the two are not applied at the same time.
- If you make it invisible in the accessory slot, the character will not appear to change although the buff is still applied.
- If equipped into a social slot, the werewolf form overrides the human form regardless of the time of day. However, this is only a visual appearance, and the player will receive no actual buffs or bonuses.
- The Moon Shell resembles a purple Neptune's Shell carved into a crescent moon.
- 220.127.116.11: Can now hide the Moon Shell's werewolf and merfolk transformation.
- 1.2: Introduced.