|Type||Accessory – Crafting material|
|Tooltip||Turns the holder into a werewolf at night and a merfolk when entering water|
- Internal Item ID: 861
|Werewolf and Merfolk forms.|
The Moon Shell is a Hardmode accessory that can be crafted at the Tinkerer's Workshop. It has the combined effects of the Moon Charm and the Neptune's Shell. Equipping it will turn the player into a Merfolk when entering water (at any time), or into a Werewolf at night. The Merfolk form replaces the Werewolf form if entering water at night.
The buffs from the Moon Charm:
- +2% Melee critical hit chance
- +5.1% Melee damage
- +5.1% Melee speed
- +5% Movement speed
- +3 Defense
- Slightly increased jump height and jump speed
- +0.5 HP regeneration per second (Like the Band of Regeneration)
The buff from the Neptune's Shell:
- Entering water with this accessory equipped transforms the player into Merfolk form. While in this form, the breath meter will not display (nor will it decrease), therefore effectively preventing drowning.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Merfolk Buff overrides the Werewolf buff, and the two are not applied at the same time.
- If you make it invisible in the accessory slot, the character will not appear to change into a Werewolf or a Merfolk although the buff is still applied.
- If equipped into a social slot, the werewolf form overrides the human form regardless of the time of day. However, this is only a visual appearance, and the player will receive no actual buffs or bonuses.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Can now hide the Moon Shell's werewolf and merfolk transformation.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.