|Knockback||11 (Extremely strong)|
|Use time||45 (Very slow)|
|Tooltip||5 summon tag damage|
5% summon tag critical strike chance
Your summons will focus struck enemies
- Morning Star
Like other whips, it causes minions to focus on the last-struck enemy and increases their damage in addition for minions to Crit (5%) against the target. It also gives off blue sparkles when swung, which generates very faint light.
Unlike other whips the Morning Star is 50% slower from 30 to 45 use time.
Its best modifier is Legendary, despite it being a summon weapon.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Morning Star and Kaleidoscope have the unique ability to grant Minions the ability to deal critical hits. Though the boost is relatively low, it is nevertheless a noticeable increase in damage, especially with a large number of minions.
- The Morning Star has the highest knockback of all whips.
- The Dark Harvest's increased swing speed on hit allows it to put out around the same DPS as the Morning Star; with specialized melee builds (such as equipping melee speed-boosting accessories), the Dark Harvest can potentially surpass it in DPS so long as hits are dealt. However, the Morning Star surpasses it in terms of improving minion damage due to its summon tag damage bonus and crit boost.
- The Kaleidoscope is an indirect upgrade to this whip, having exactly the same base damage, but double the tag damage and crit chance. This provides a dramatic increase in DPS.
Achievements[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Morning Star can be farmed right after Plantera is defeated. It provides a substantial boost to DPS over pre-Plantera whips and, should the player decide not to fight the Empress of Light, can be considered the endgame whip.
- Even though it has a slow swing speed, the Morning Star makes up for this with its very high base damage.
- Switching between the Morning Star and a Durendal or Dark Harvest to activate their buff can improve the Morning Star's low swing speed.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The whip’s name and look may be a reference to the Morning Star whip from the Castlevania series.
- That whip is itself inspired by an actual medieval weapon, the morning star. This weapon does not resemble a whip. Instead, it is a club-like weapon consisting of a ball attached to a shaft and adorned with a varying number of spikes. However, the Morning Star from Castlevania (and, by extension, Terraria,) is technically a type of military flail, even though Terraria does not consider it a flail ingame.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.4.1:
- Range increased.
- Damage penalty for each additional target hit per swing reduced from 25% to 5%.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Introduced.
- Mobile 220.127.116.11.0: Introduced.