Moss is a grass-like plant that grows on Stone Blocks. It comes in five colors, and one color can be found throughout each third of a given map (three colors per world), either randomly on cave surfaces or in "moss chambers" with a matching mossy stone wall. Moss sprouts fuzz that can be cut like grass weeds, and mossy stone requires one more hit to break than clean stone, but otherwise moss does nothing. Moss will be destroyed if the stone block it is on becomes ebonstone, crimstone, or pearlstone.
Spread[edit | edit source]
- Moss slowly spreads across exposed Stone Blocks. Although there are no moss seeds, a player can grow extra moss by building "bridges" of stone for existing moss to grow across. Moss cannot grow or spread above zero depth.
- The Staff of Regrowth can be used on Stone Blocks to grow moss at any depth. The type of moss will vary depending on the proximity to other types of moss. As such, one can spread the Fire Moss from the cavern's lava layers all the way up to the surface.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.