The Moth is a rare Hardmode enemy that spawns in the Underground Jungle. They fly around very slowly, and upon seeing the player, will direct their attention towards them and attempt to deal damage to them. Upon killing the Moth, there is a chance that it will drop Butterfly Dust if a mechanical boss has been defeated, which is solely used in the creation of Butterfly Wings. They are immune to the Poisoned, Venom and Confused debuffs.
It is one of the few entities that can be detected by the Lifeform Analyzer.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Despite having relatively high HP, the Moth can easily be killed with any Hardmode weapons, making the Butterfly Wings easily obtainable. In addition, the Butterfly Wings go further than the Angel or Demon Wings, and also emit light.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Bestiary entry for the Moth: "Rarely, exposure to jungle toxins causes certain moths to mutate to enormous size. They release a valuable dust on death."
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.5: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.