We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
|Desktop-Only Content: This information applies only to the desktop version of Terraria.|
|AI Type||Mothron AI|
|Damage|| 80 / 160 (normal)|
40 / 80 (slow charges)
100 / 200 (fast charges)
|Max Life||6000 / 12000|
|KB Resist||80% / 82|
|Internal NPC ID: 477|
- Not to be confused with Moth.
Mothron is a powerful flying enemy that spawns during the Solar Eclipse event and passes through blocks. It can only spawn after all Mechanical Bosses have been defeated. Mothron attacks by lunging at the player. Occasionally it lands on blocks to lay several Mothron Eggs that will spawn Baby Mothrons if they are not destroyed in time, much like Lepus.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Broken Hero Sword and The Eye of Cthulhu item drops are mutually exclusive, i.e. there is 25% chance for either item and 50% chance for none of them.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The basic steps:
- Prepare an open, flat arena.
- Equip a good set of wings, and either Hallowed armor with helmet (which gives a ranged bonus and ranged critical strike chance) or Chlorophyte armor with helmet (which gives a ranged bonus, and each crystal leaf projectile will deal 100 damage) or Shroomite armor. Turtle armor and Beetle armor offer more defense, but they're better suited for melee, and offer no ranged bonuses.
- Ranged and Magic weapons are ideal. The Piranha Gun's projectile damages any enemy it comes in contact with while still latched to the target (can be defeated in 20-25 seconds in normal mode, 40-45 seconds in Expert mode). Also good choices are the Megashark and the Unholy Trident (except for its high mana cost) , Also Crystal Serpent is a viable choice due to the splash projectiles, or for melee users, any Broken Hero Sword made weapon (Terra Blade, True Excalibur, True Night's Edge), Yoyo such as Kraken or The Eye of Cthulhu.
- Ranged damage boosting accessories (for melee users, melee boosting accessories).
- You can run from Mothron while firing Light Discs or Magic Dagger at it.
- If this is done on a flat area, it can be effective.
- Mothron is most vulnerable when it's laying its eggs.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Mothron is a reference to Mothra from the namesake 1961 movie. The subtle change in its name follows the trend of Terraria enemies' and bosses' names ending with the suffix -ron, such as Skeletron, Duke Fishron, and Pigron.
- If the Eclipse finishes, or all players die, Mothron floats up to the sky and despawns, similar to the Martian Saucer and Pumpkin/Frost Moon Event Bosses. In addition, it becomes invincible after the end of the Eclipse.
References[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- 188.8.131.52: Now drops Mothron Wings after killing Plantera.
- 184.108.40.206: Introduced.
| Solar Eclipse Enemies |
|Swamp Thing • Vampire • Eyezor • Frankenstein • The Possessed • Fritz • Creature from the Deep|
| After defeating all
|Reaper • Mothron ( Baby Mothron • Mothron Egg )|
| After defeating
|Butcher • Nailhead • Deadly Spheres • Psycho • Dr. Man Fly|