The Mouse is a critter and cannot harm players. However, unlike most critters, they cannot be harmed by monsters. Mice have only 5 health. They spawn in the Underground and Cavern layers. Their small size and speed can make them difficult to spot even in well-lit conditions, although they occasionally squeak. Unlike most other critters, NPCs will prevent mice from spawning.
A Gold Mouse may also spawn instead. Mice can be captured with a Bug Net.
- The Mouse more closely resembles a real-life rat rather than a mouse as it has a "naked" tail. In real life, rats have "naked" tails while mice have furry tails.
- 1.3.1: Can now be used to craft Mouse Statues.
- 1.2.3: Can now be caught with a Bug Net. Can now be combined with Terrarium to craft a mouse cage.
- 1.2.1: Monsters now can not damage mice. Mice can no longer spawn in hell.
- 22.214.171.124: Introduced.