When placing a Jungle Grass Seed on a Mud Block at below a certain depth (60 feet in small worlds, 120 feet on large worlds), you can create an Underground Jungle. Mushroom Grass Seeds can also grow at above 0ft.
At hardmode any corrupted block will turn regular mud blocks that are up to three squares away into dirt. If there was jungle grass then it also will be converted to corrupt grass. This does not affect mushroom grass tiles. Even so, mud is converted very slowly and the resulting dirt cannot be converted further if grass cannot grow on it, making it a possible buffer to buy time against the encroaching corruption. To offset this, Mud Blocks can be crafted from Dirt Blocks, allowing players to create a new supply. Mud hit by blue, purple or red solutions sprayed by the clentaminator will be converted into dirt, and any grass that occupies it will be converted into that of the sprayed biome. Similarly, mud hit by the biome water bottles will be converted to dirt and the grass will become that of the new biome.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2: Stack limit was raised from 250 to 999.
- Desktop 1.0.6: Removed chance to fall when struck (reverting the earlier change).
- Desktop 1.0.5: Added chance to fall when struck.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.