Mummies are Hardmode Desert enemies. They spawn in areas where Sand blocks are present, and follow the Fighter AI (behaving similar to Zombies). Ordinary Mummies spawn even during the day at the surface. All variants spawn above height 0.
Dark Mummies are 150% faster than other Mummies. All mummies receive a 200% speed increase when they are reduced to 50% health or lower, making them hard to defeat for less prepared players.
Mummies inflict the following debuffs:
- Regular Mummies: Slow
- Dark Mummies/Shadow Mummies: Silenced, Darkness
- Light Mummies/Spectral Mummies: Confused
Variants[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Dark and Light mummies can easily be farmed for their shards by corrupting or hallowing a section of desert, or making an artificial desert. All that is necessary is a one-wide flat surface of pearlsand/ebonsand. However, don't have both surfaces too close to each other, as one cancels out the other.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Be careful when exploring Pyramids in the Mobile version, because when you break pots, mummies can randomly spawn even if your world is not in Hardmode.
- Dark Mummies will only drop either the Megaphone or Blindfold at a time.
- In Crimson worlds, the only way to obtain a Blindfold is from Dark Mummies.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The head of Shadow Mummy looks like Skeleton's Skull.
- The mummies in Terraria are bound incorrectly. Actually, in ancient Egypt, feet of the mummies were bound together and their hands were bound on their sides. However, in Terraria, (and almost every other fictional work), the hands and feet of the mummies are bound so that they could move them freely, which is strange.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.5: Dark, Light, and Regular Mummy sprites updated.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Dark and Light Mummies can now drop their own respective banner.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Dark Mummies and Pixies no longer drop both Status Protection accessories at the same time, 100% of the time.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.