A player being approached by two Dark Mummies.
Mummies are Hardmode Desert enemies. They spawn in areas where Sand blocks are present, and follow the Fighter AI (behaving similar to Zombies). Ordinary Mummies spawn even during the day at the surface. All variants spawn above height 0.
Dark Mummies are 150% faster than other Mummies. All mummies receive a 200% speed increase when they are reduced to 50% health or lower, making them hard to defeat for less prepared players.
Mummies inflict the following debuffs:
- Dark and Light mummies can easily be farmed for their shards by corrupting or hallowing a section of desert, or making an artificial desert. All that is necessary is a one-wide flat surface of pearlsand/ebonsand. However, don't have both surfaces too close to each other, as one cancels out the other.
- Be careful when exploring Pyramids in the Mobile version, because when you break pots, mummies can randomly spawn even if your world is not in Hardmode.
- Dark Mummies will usually drop only the Megaphone or Blindfold at a time, but there is an additional 1% chance it will drop the other item at the same time. The chance to get both at the same time is 0.005% (0.01% in expert mode).
- In Crimson worlds, the only way to obtain a Blindfold is from Dark Mummies.
- 1.3.5: Dark, Light, and Regular Mummy sprites updated.
- 188.8.131.52: Dark and Light Mummies can now drop their own respective banner.
- 1.2.3: Dark Mummies and Pixies no longer drop both Status Protection accessories at the same time, 100% of the time.