- This article is about the type of mushroom that grows in forests. For the class of plants "Mushrooms", see Mushrooms.
The Mushroom is a crafting material and healing item that spawns randomly on Grass located on the surface, generally in the Forest. It is the weakest healing item that only heals in the game (Life Fruit heals 5 health but also gives 5 max health), restoring only 15 health with each Mushroom. Using them in this way is also inefficient as they can be crafted into Lesser Healing Potions that restore 50 health each. Mushrooms are also used as ingredients in Regeneration Potions and Bowls of Soup.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Farming[edit | edit source]
Mushrooms have a high sell value for the early game (40 Mushrooms sell for 1 ), plus they are very common and can be farmed.
Mushrooms grow on any free grass tiles in the surface layer, meaning they can be easily farmed by placing grass in strips. The grass can be grown by connecting dirt to existing grass, by planting Grass Seeds, or by using the Staff of Regrowth. Only one tile of vertical clearance is required, so dirt strips can be placed close together in groups of three (more than that and you may not be able to harvest them), one tile apart vertically. Mushrooms will not grow if there is a wall behind them, so make sure the sky is visible behind the dirt strips. They do not require water to grow, and can spawn while on-screen. Such a farm also needs regular clearing – Mushrooms will not replace grass, and require empty tiles to grow.
With the Dart Trap mechanism, farms can be automated to some degree. The Dart Trap(s) can be linked to a Pressure Plate at the farm's entrance or to a Timer. A launched dart will cut all grass and Mushrooms that it comes into contact with, allowing the player to simply run across the farm and grab the dropped Mushrooms without a single swing of their sword.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This mushroom may resemble the Lactarius deliciosus. However, that mushroom's dots are significantly less apparent.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Sell value increased from 5 to 2 50 .
- Desktop 1.0.6:
- Restoration reduced from 20 health points to 15.
- Consumption will now trigger the Potion Sickness debuff.
- Desktop 1.0.4: Sell value decreased
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.