Mushroom Grass Seeds
Mushroom Grass Seeds are a type of seed that has a 1/40 / 1/50 chance to drop from harvesting Glowing Mushrooms. The seeds can also be purchased from the Dryad for
150*150 each if the Dryad is spoken to in a Glowing Mushroom biome.
Mushroom Grass Seeds must be planted on Mud Blocks and can be grown both above and under ground. Once planted, Mushroom grass will begin to spread to adjacent mud blocks and grow Glowing Mushrooms, as well as Giant Glowing Mushrooms when enough space is available.
Mushroom Grass spreads much slower than ordinary grass or Corruption, at a speed comparable to Jungle grass – 3-5 tiles per day for each continuous section of Mud Blocks. Mushroom grass, as well as the mushrooms that grow on it, emit moderate light.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If the Mushroom grass can spread to enough blocks, it will create a Glowing Mushroom biome. Creating such a biome above surface level (and a house within it) is necessary to allow the NPC Truffle to spawn.
- Mushroom grass can also be created by using the Clentaminator with Dark Blue Solution on Jungle grass. However, the seeds are available long before the Clentaminator, and Dark Blue Solution is not available until Truffle has appeared.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Changed drop rate to 1/40.
- Desktop 1.2: The Mushroom Grass Seeds will be sold by the Dryad if she has moved into a Glowing Mushroom biome.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.