We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
|Use time||39 (Very Slow)|
|Buy / Sell||70 / 14|
|Internal Item ID: 756|
The Mushroom Spear is a Hardmode spear that can be purchased from the Truffle for 70 after at least one of the Mechanical bosses have been defeated. When used, it will extend the reach of the spear by summoning seven spinning mushrooms that hang in midair. It deals the fourth highest amount of damage out of all the spears, beaten only by the Obsidian Swordfish, the Ghastly Glaive and the North Pole.
Its best Modifier is Godly.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The spinning mushrooms that hang in the air after this item is used are not just a visual effect, as they will deal approximately one-third of the weapon damage to any enemy that touches them (also, they are able to deal critical hits). Combined with the Frost Armor and/or Magma Stone (or any accessory crafted from it), both the weapon and mushrooms will emit a small amount of light, making the Mushroom Spear extremely useful for exploring underground and checking for nearby caves since the spinning mushrooms can go through walls.
- Due to the spinning mushroom mechanic, the Mushroom Spear can be used to attack enemies through walls without consuming any mana or ammo and without cooldown.
- The area-effect mushrooms last for about a second after spawning, meaning they can hit an enemy after you have already retracted the spear.
- The mushrooms have no knockback, so it's possible for enemies to walk through several of them. If you miss with the spear itself, but they walk into the mushrooms, however, the enemy will probably be able to reach you if you don't dodge or stab again.
- The mushrooms have no "piercing" ability, and disappear after hitting a single enemy.
- Mushrooms appear at the point of the spear at a point during the thrust - mushrooms can be "stacked" on top of one another if you are retreating while thrusting, or spread out further if advancing.
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Now only sold after any of the three Mechanical bosses has been defeated.
- Buy/sell value increased from 45 / 9 to 70 / 14 .
- 126.96.36.199: Can now be reforged.
- 1.2: Introduced.
| Projectile Melee Weapons |
|Sword Projectiles||• • • • •|
|Other Projectiles||• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •|
|Projectile Only||• • •|