Glowing Mushroom biome
A Glowing Mushroom biome, also known as Glowing Mushroom Fields, is a biome characterized by Mushroom Grass and Glowing Mushrooms growing on Mud Blocks. Giant Glowing Mushrooms can grow to significant heights if room is allowed for them to grow, and will regenerate if chopped down. Most elements of a Glowing Mushroom biome emit a faint glow, including its Mushrooms, Grass, and Giant Glowing Mushrooms hanging mushrooms, along with some of its enemies. The Truffle NPC requires a house in a Surface (above-ground) Glowing Mushroom biome.
Underground Glowing Mushroom biomes are Glowing Mushroom biomes below 0 depth. They can be found naturally, randomly generating on world creation. The background of an Underground Glowing Mushroom biome depicts numerous small mushrooms and several unique mushroom-themed enemies spawn there. Giant Glowing Mushrooms will also grow if there is enough vertical space, though unlike Giant Glowing Mushrooms on the surface, they have smaller caps and lack without branches.
On the Desktop version Underground Glowing Mushroom biomes are larger and features small, long stemmed mushrooms hanging from Grass ceilings and Giant Glowing Mushrooms from the surface.
Surface Glowing Mushroom biomes are Glowing Mushroom biomes above 0 depth. They do not generate naturally and must instead be created by the player. The sun is removed from Surface Glowing Mushroom biomes, making the light level as low as it is at night, even during daytime hours. The background depicts towering mushrooms.
A Glowing Mushroom biome can be created manually by planting Mushroom Grass Seeds (sold by the Dryad in a Glowing Mushroom biome or gathered from harvesting Glowing Mushrooms) in Mud Blocks or spraying a part of Jungle with the Clentaminator using Dark Blue Solution. 101 tiles that are mushroom-related (Mushroom Grass, naturally grown Glowing Mushrooms, Giant Glowing Mushrooms) are required for an area to be considered a Glowing Mushroom biome.
Contents[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Mushroom Grass is immune to being converted by an Evil Biome, while the interior Mud Blocks are not.
- Use of the Clentaminator with Green Solution on a Glowing Mushroom biome converts it to a Jungle biome. However, attempting to use Purification Powder to convert a Glowing Mushroom biome to a Jungle biome will fail.
- Underground Glowing Mushroom biomes do not generate within the Ice biome and the Underground Desert .
- While the area functionally changes to a Glowing Mushroom biome at 101 related blocks, the background of a Glowing Mushroom biome will not appear until 201 Glowing Mushroom biome blocks are present.
- The Funkytown achievement requires 200 Glowing Mushroom biome blocks.
- The Funkytown achievement can sometimes be obtained by using a Magic Mirror, Ice Mirror or Cell Phone while in an Underground Glowing Mushroom biome. This is likely caused by lag.
Achievement[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Caution should be taken when creating a Surface Glowing Mushroom biome in Pre-Hardmode, as the enemies that spawn there are much more powerful than other Pre-Hardmode enemies.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Due to the red tint of the Blood Moon, Surface Glowing Mushroom biomes take on a pinkish purple hue when one occurs.
- The moon will always be red in a Surface Glowing Mushroom biome, similar to a Blood Moon.
- A sample from the 1990 side-scrolling platform game Super Mario World is used in the background music for the Surface Glowing Mushroom biome.
- Underground Glowing Mushroom biomes will glow brighter if the player is near the "center" of the biome.
- When entering or leaving a Surface Glowing Mushroom biome, there is a noticeable delay as the sunlight fades to darkness, and especially when it returns.
References[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Underground Glowing Mushroom world is now larger and redesigned, with hanging mushroom lamps and surface biome trees.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Underground Glowing Mushroom cabins and furniture added.
- Desktop 1.2: Glowing Mushrooms given their own biome (music, background, spawns, etc.) and added the ability to cultivate one on the Surface (above 0 feet).
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Underground Glowing Mushroom cabins and furniture added. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Underground Glowing Mushroom cabins and furniture added. ()
- Console 1.02: Glowing Mushrooms given their own biome (music, background, spawns, etc.) and added the ability to cultivate one on the Surface.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced with changes up to Desktop 184.108.40.206.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Glowing Mushrooms given their own biome (music, background, spawns, etc.) and added the ability to cultivate one on the Surface.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced with changes up to Desktop 1.2.