|Damage||31 / 25 Ranged|
|Use time||35 Slow|
- Internal Item ID: 96
The Musket is one of the earliest obtainable guns, and is the Corruption's counterpart to the Crimson's Undertaker. It auto-fires bullets at an extremely slow rate. It is fairly potent compared to a Wooden Bow, as it does 31 base damage, plus the damage from the particular bullet fired. The Musket has the second highest base damage of all Pre-Hardmode ranged weapons, only being outranked by the Star Cannon.
The Musket (along with 100 Musket Balls) will always drop from the first Shadow Orb destroyed in a Corruption world; thereafter, it has a 20% chance of dropping from a destroyed Shadow Orb. It can also be found in Corrupt Crates (16.67% chance), which are obtained by fishing in the Corruption.
Its best Modifier is Unreal.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- If the player wishes to acquire the Musket through fishing, using a Crate Potion will increase the odds of catching a Crate by 10%.
- The Musket's high damage early in the game, along with its slow fire rate, helps to conserve ammo, and it can be used to effectively kill the various eaters in the Corruption.
- Unlike the Crimson's Undertaker, the Musket is a bit more effective against the Corruption's Eaters of Souls, as a critical hit can normally kill any Eater in one shot. The Undertaker, however, deals significantly less damage than the Musket and is therefore slightly less effective against the highly knockback-resistant Crimson enemies.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Dart Rifle can be thought of as the stronger, dart-consuming version of the Musket.
- The newer sprite now resembles a musket with a longer stock and shorter barrel.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11:
- Damage increased from 25 to 31.
- Knockback increased from 4.5 to 5.25.
- Use time reduced from 40 to 35.
- Desktop 1.2:
- Sprite updated.
- Damage increased from 23 to 25.
- Use time reduced from 42 to 40.
- Desktop 1.0.6: Damage increased from 20 to 23.
- Desktop 1.0.5: Damage increased from 14 to 20.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.