|Knockback||0 (No Knockback)|
|Use time||15 Very Fast|
- Internal Item ID: 3107
The Nail Gun is a Hardmode, post-Plantera ranged weapon which has a 4% / 6% (1/25 / 3/50) chance to drop from Nailhead during Solar Eclipses. It uses Nails as ammunition, which are sold by both the Merchant and the Arms Dealer when the player has the Nail Gun in their inventory for
When a Nail hits an enemy, it sticks to it. It deals low damage on impact, but explodes after roughly 2 seconds, dealing massive damage. The Nails also stick to surfaces and explode in the same manner. The explosion does not damage the shooter. Nails are unaffected by gravity until they have flown roughly 30 blocks, at which point they fly with an arc similar to that of an arrow. If used in PvP, the nails will not stick to players and will instead deal damage somewhere in between the initial damage and the explosion's damage.
Its best modifier is Demonic, as it does not have any knockback and thus cannot get modifiers that affect it.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If an enemy dies while Nails are still stuck into it, these Nails will pop out, sticking to other surfaces or enemies and exploding like usual.
- It is considered a launcher for the purposes of Shroomite armor.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Nail Gun is similar in shape and firing rate to the Bioshock 2 Rivet Gun.
- The Nail Gun may be a reference to the needler from the military science fiction media franchise Halo, with the Nails sticking to enemies or surfaces for a short time before exploding.
- When fired in the air with archery velocity buffs, it actually takes 60% of the buff's modifier longer to fall instead of speeding up.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 188.8.131.52: Introduced.