|Knockback||0 (No Knockback)|
|Use time||14 Very Fast|
- Internal Item ID: 3107
The Nail Gun is a Hardmode, post-Plantera ranged weapon which has a 4% / 6% (1/25 / 3/50) chance to drop from Nailhead during Solar Eclipses. It uses Nails as ammunition, which are sold by both the Merchant and the Arms Dealer when you have the Nail Gun in your inventory for 1 each.
When a nail hits an enemy, it sticks to it. It deals low damage on impact, but explodes after roughly 2 seconds, dealing massive damage. The nails also stick to surfaces and explode in the same manner. The explosion does not damage the shooter. Nails are unaffected by gravity until they have flown roughly 30 blocks, at which point they fly with an arc similar to that of an arrow. If used in PvP, the nails will not stick to players and will instead deal damage somewhere in between the initial damage and the explosion's damage. Its best Modifier is Demonic or Deadly, with the latter granting slightly higher DPS at a cost of ammo consumption.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If an enemy dies while nails are still stuck into it, these nails will pop out, sticking to other surfaces or enemies and exploding like usual.
- It is considered a launcher for the purposes of Shroomite armor.
- The Nail Gun deals no knockback.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Nail Gun is similar in shape and firing rate to the Bioshock 2 Rivet Gun.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()