|Knockback||0 (No knockback)|
|Mana||12 / 18|
|Use time||12 (Very fast) / |
15 (Very fast)
|Tooltip||'From Orion's belt to the palm of your hand'|
- Nebula Blaze
- Nebula Blaze Ex
The Nebula Blaze is a Hardmode, post-Lunatic Cultist magic weapon which auto-fires pink, high-velocity projectiles that home in on enemies if they are nearby, with a
20*1/5 (20%) chance to fire a larger, faster blue projectile that does three times the damage and has a higher velocity, instead. The Nebula Blaze fires inaccurately, akin to the Chain Gun and similar weapons – however, its projectiles are homing from a certain angle, similar to the Spectre Staff. When selected, it appears as a pink glow covering the player's hand which leaves behind a pink particle trail as the player moves.
The Nebula Blaze does not deal any knockback.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Nebula Blaze has a limited amount of aim correction, and can automatically readjust and narrow its normal cone of fire to avoid striking nearby walls.
- The projectile can hit enemies through walls at certain angles, even though it dissipates upon collision.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Because of the quite high mana cost and fast use time, the Nebula Blaze consumes mana very rapidly. Be sure to have items that provide mana at the ready when using this item.
- Because of this weapon's inaccuracy, it is best suited to combat in open spaces. While fighting enemies in narrow passageways, those in places like the Dungeon, the projectiles have a tendency to collide with the walls.
- With sufficient boosts, it is possible to reach or even exceed 3000 critical damage.
- This weapon is devastating in PvP at close range because of its high rate of fire and triple damage caused by the larger blue projectile, Nebula Blaze Ex.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The blue projectile is internally named Nebula Blaze Ex. This can be seen when players are killed by the projectile, as their death message will display their cause of death being Nebula Blaze Ex instead of simply Nebula Blaze.
- The Nebula Blaze has the highest base damage of any magic weapon.
- It appears to be a magic glove or gauntlet.
- Its tooltip mentions Orion's Belt, part of the constellation of Orion.
- This may be a reference to the quote "The power of the sun in the palm of my hand." from the 2004 American superhero film Spider-Man 2.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124:
- Use time decreased from 15 to 12.
- Mana cost decreased from 18 to 12.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Base damage increased from 120 to 130.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 184.108.40.206: Introduced.